BRVR - Goats League - Climb 15 - Nufenen Pass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Well, I suppose we may as well complete the Swiss trio while we are waiting for le Tour to start. This week I'm bringing the pain

nufenen.profile.png

The Nufenen Pass 14.69Km, and 1132m of nothing but pain.

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

martin22

ahh the 'Nurofen' pass as my Chinese motorbiking friend used to call it when we were out there about 10 years ago. Mind you as we're now cycling up it some nurofen will probably come in handy afterwards....

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Usually with this sort of profile I channel my inner Julius Caesar "I came, I saw, I buggered off" but Nufenen ventured, Nufenen gained as they say (well someone might) 00:58:56. Glad I managed to sneak in in under 1hr, after all that effort I would have been a bit miffed to say the least if I'd failed. Good enough for a warm day mind.

SmP-62

54:47 ... First turbo ride after 4 days in (real) Italy and Switzerland ... Stelvio from all 3 sides +Gavia from Ponte di Legno +Mortirolo (Pantani route ... steeeeeeep) +one local climb steeper as Mortirolo ... more then 31.000 feet of climbing ... clear blue sky, only on last day some light rain uphill and even snow with freezing temperature on descent from Stelvio ... was nice.

ibooij

Über Member
54:47 ... First turbo ride after 4 days in (real) Italy and Switzerland ... Stelvio from all 3 sides +Gavia from Ponte di Legno +Mortirolo (Pantani route ... steeeeeeep) +one local climb steeper as Mortirolo ... more then 31.000 feet of climbing ... clear blue sky, only on last day some light rain uphill and even snow with freezing temperature on descent from Stelvio ... was nice.

That sounds like a nice few days! The Pantani route up the Mortirolo is a nice one. Usually I don't like the really steep climbs, but I've done that one twice and both times I enjoyed it. The same cannot be said for the Monte Zoncolan, which I did 3 years ago. That was no fun at all.

I hope to get back in the game soon. I'm suffering from a very painful neck and upper back. I crashed in a training race last Tuesday, summersaulted over the handle bars and landed on my head and neck. Nothing broken luckily, but the muscles in my neck and back took a punch.

No more racing for me. I'll just stick to climbing and sportives from now on. I also don't think the Mrs would let me race again. I can't really blame here, as this could have turned out much worse.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
That sounds like a nice few days! The Pantani route up the Mortirolo is a nice one. Usually I don't like the really steep climbs, but I've done that one twice and both times I enjoyed it. The same cannot be said for the Monte Zoncolan, which I did 3 years ago. That was no fun at all.

I hope to get back in the game soon. I'm suffering from a very painful neck and upper back. I crashed in a training race last Tuesday, summersaulted over the handle bars and landed on my head and neck. Nothing broken luckily, but the muscles in my neck and back took a punch.

No more racing for me. I'll just stick to climbing and sportives from now on. I also don't think the Mrs would let me race again. I can't really blame here, as this could have turned out much worse.
Ooof, nasty @ibooij I was wondering why you hadn't been quite so active on the GOAT league but had assumed it was because you were taking advantage of the summer, now I know different. Get well soon :okay:

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

No more racing for me. I'll just stick to climbing and sportives from now on.
Let's be careful out there! Glad to hear that you are not to badly injured, I know just how bad my escapade in Mallorca could have been. Luckily for me even after seeing the video evidence (and it looks so much worse on a 55" screen :eek: ) my wife hasn't curtailed my bike activities 'too much' Although she is talking about taking the front on the tandem in future :eek::eek:.

It will be good to see you active again in the league, I'm restricting all of my racing to simulators :biggrin:

Crook Town AFC

Dave Wade on BRVR
Ooof, nasty @ibooij I was wondering why you hadn't been quite so active on the GOAT league but had assumed it was because you were taking advantage of the summer, now I know different. Get well soon :okay:
Seconded, Get well soon @ibooij

ibooij

Über Member
Short update: I'm managing to turn my head again. Right easier than left. I'll take another week off cycling and should then be back on the bike.
I don't know if I will be able to do any trainer rides, as the trainer is in a wooden shed in the garden. With temperatures close to 30 degrees it's not much fun to be there...

I've just collected my bike, which was still at the club. Not-a-single-scratch. Weird. My helmet only has a tiny crack. I managed to absorb all the energy of the crash with my body apparently. I've tossed the helmet in the bin of course, a new one is already in the mail.

Cheers and thanks for your support!

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Short update: I'm managing to turn my head again. Right easier than left. I'll take another week off cycling and should then be back on the bike.
I don't know if I will be able to do any trainer rides, as the trainer is in a wooden shed in the garden. With temperatures close to 30 degrees it's not much fun to be there...

I've just collected my bike, which was still at the club. Not-a-single-scratch. Weird. My helmet only has a tiny crack. I managed to absorb all the energy of the crash with my body apparently. I've tossed the helmet in the bin of course, a new one is already in the mail.

Cheers and thanks for your support!
Slow and easy initially is best. Get a good massage for the back / neck to help release any tensions there, it'll probably hurt like hell but should do wonders. If you are still having problems turning the neck, in a week, speak to an physical therapist or osteopath.

All the best with getting back to full fitness.

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Even though my shed is insulated it's still hitting 30C ... I could get a small AC unit for a mere £250 from BnQ but then we would wave goodbye to summer for the next 10 years!!!

I have a good sports massage therapist that I use to release 'tension' in my neck shoulders and upper back, works wonders, even if it does hurt like hell!

ibooij

Über Member
Slow and easy initially is best. Get a good massage for the back / neck to help release any tensions there, it'll probably hurt like hell but should do wonders. If you are still having problems turning the neck, in a week, speak to an physical therapist or osteopath.

All the best with getting back to full fitness.

Thanks for the tip! I've made an appointment for a sport massage tomorrow morning. I'm already bracing for the pain :-)

Top Bottom