BRVR - Goats League - Climb 16 - Matter Valley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Staying in Switzerland, I have decided to ramp the difficulty level down for this weeks ride as Le Tour starts next week, and that is bringing lots of pain :evil::evil:

So the 'gentle' climb of the Matter Valley 21.86Km and The Number of the beast ascent (666m :rofl: )

mattervalley.profile.png

Post your times in the thread and I'll update the Goats League Spreadsheet

Please include your BRVR User/Display Name to give other riders pacers to chase if they so desire.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I will catch up on the numbers done, honest :whistle:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I will catch up on the numbers done, honest :whistle:
Yeah me too, will try to get a couple done this week but it's blooming hot in the shed at the moment.
I'll make a confession because I know I can trust you lot, I started Cormet last week and had to bin it, I bonked at around 13.5km. I could feel myself going on the long flat section at 10km, power output was dropping like a stone, got back to the climbing and had absolutely nothing in the tank, pointless (or possibly impossible) to carry on. Never had that before on the trainer.
I'd already got through my normal water bottle and my emergency litre bottle too.

theboxers

Yeah me too, will try to get a couple done this week but it's blooming hot in the shed at the moment.
I'll make a confession because I know I can trust you lot, I started Cormet last week and had to bin it, I bonked at around 13.5km. I could feel myself going on the long flat section at 10km, power output was dropping like a stone, got back to the climbing and had absolutely nothing in the tank, pointless (or possibly impossible) to carry on. Never had that before on the trainer.
I'd already got through my normal water bottle and my emergency litre bottle too.
On climbs like that I start with 4 bottles and a line on gels/bars to munch. Dependent on temperature I can go through them all :mrpig:

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Hmmm, a couple of bottles, that I don't usually get though, and most rides done fasted ... anyone spot an issue with that, I've wondered why I tend to get away from the ghosts at the beginning and by around two thirds/ three quarters distance, I'm reeled in and passed. Wonder what I can do to stop that??

Answers on the back of a postage stamp please :rofl:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Hmmm, a couple of bottles, that I don't usually get though, and most rides done fasted ... anyone spot an issue with that, I've wondered why I tend to get away from the ghosts at the beginning and by around two thirds/ three quarters distance, I'm reeled in and passed. Wonder what I can do to stop that??

It's something I'm guilty of, I tend to have a bit to eat at lunch time, get home from work 4 or 5 hours later, then grab a cup of coffee while I set things up then away we go. Maybe with the extra length on the Cormet it flagged up a flaw in my preparations :unsure:

theboxers

It's something I'm guilty of, I tend to have a bit to eat at lunch time, get home from work 4 or 5 hours later, then grab a cup of coffee while I set things up then away we go. Maybe with the extra length on the Cormet it flagged up a flaw in my preparations :unsure:
I know several of these rides are going to be multiple hours so set accordingly. On the 1 to 1 and 1/2 hour rides I don't normally eat but do drink. Over that it's a gel or snack every half hour. It is part of the reason I can keep going very hard, for me, for so long. I crawl away from the bike afterwards though :sweat::surrender:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
6ltrs of water in the fridge ready for this weeks efforts. Maybe I could give the Death Valley route a try and get the full experience :heat:

Top Bottom