BSA Tour de France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Pedal spanner and brute force :smile: . That crank has a normal thread, the left crank has a left hand thread....

Thanks. What i meant was how do I get the pedal off the spindle? Are there bearings in there, can they be replaced?

midlife

Guru
Ah! Its one of those funny locking washers I think.....Hate them. If they dont feel better after a good flush with oil I'd think about replacements.

Maybe someone else has had better luck than me with them :smile:

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Ah! Its one of those funny locking washers I think.....Hate them. If they dont feel better after a good flush with oil I'd think about replacements.

Maybe someone else has had better luck than me with them :smile:

Yes, that’s them. Maybe I’ll bung one heavy oil in there.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
That's looking good. Are you dipping the frame in the oxalic too?

No, the frame is done, and cleaned with fine wire wool and polish, just waiting for me to finish cleaning the bits and put them back on.

I have never taken a bike fully apart before and put it back together, it's a learning curve, I've done bits of different bikes, but no a whole one.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
New wheels have arrived!

stalagmike

Enormous member
No, the frame is done, and cleaned with fine wire wool and polish, just waiting for me to finish cleaning the bits and put them back on.

I have never taken a bike fully apart before and put it back together, it's a learning curve, I've done bits of different bikes, but no a whole one.

Same here. I've taken all the bits off mine except for the getting the BB out. So I'm nearly ready to get started on cleaning up the frame. I'm just hoping that when the time comes to put it all back together I can remember where it all goes!

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Update:

Took apart and cleaned and greased the rear derailleur today, another first for me, I usually take things apart and end up with a piece left over, but not today, though I did have to mess about a bit taking the thing apart and trying again, as I got things in the wrong order and / or upside down. Fiddly little feckers ain't they?

IMG_6989.JPG

IMG_6990.JPG

40 odd years of cack.

IMG_6991.JPG

bits n pieces

IMG_6992.JPG

IMG_6993.JPG

nice n clean, say's made in France on middle bit.

IMG_6994.JPG

IMG_6995.JPG

Top Bottom