B'Twin Gear?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Might help http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/decathlon-clothing.108671/

Very good for the money, but more spent will usually mean better fitting and longer lasting

Red shorts are not a terribly safe choice ... http://acapella.harmony-central.com...d97be9f68835&attachmentid=237301&d=1184107734 xx( (probably NSFW)

zizou

Veteran
Decent quality. Generally i'd say each thing they do is comparable or better quality that the competition at the price point - eg their cheap stuff similar to aldi/lidl, their more expensive stuff comparable to altura, nalini etc.

For lycra shorts then black is the popular choice for good reason, particularly if you ride in the rain :biggrin:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Decent quality. Generally i'd say each thing they do is comparable or better quality that the competition at the price point - eg their cheap stuff similar to aldi/lidl, their more expensive stuff comparable to altura, nalini etc.

For lycra shorts then black is the popular choice for good reason, particularly if you ride in the rain :biggrin:

I was also considering something like the dhb Aeron http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-cycling-short/

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The decathlon 3 rated shorts are fine for shorter distances, up to 40 miles or so then i got uncomfortable.The 5 rated shorts are fantastic , i use them for club runs and long rides and they are comfy for many hours.

darth vadar

Über Member
I have a large supply of the b'twin cycle tops. I sometimes use them as casual tee-shirts.

Great price of £7.99 (or cheaper in the sale).

I don't like tight fitting shirts so these are ideal, although the sizes are a bit odd. I need a 3XL but I am nowhere near that big (honest)

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
I am not a fan of Décathlon (in France they have practically killed all the other bike shops); but sometimes even I have to admit that some of their stuff is quite good - and their clothing certainly is. I have had two Décathlon tops for five years now and they're both as good as new - unlike my Endura Night Vision top which is threading in many different places after only one year. I've also got a pair of Décathlon shoes: still going strong after 6 years.

Edwards80

Über Member
I have nothing but the cheap decathlon shorts/longs and have had no problems whatsoever. One pair developed a tiny hole in the knee . . . after I crashed the bike :biggrin:

The red top is fine. Nothing special but for a few quid they're good value. I think that sums up decathlon stuff really, not the best you can get but great value for money.

Gaz Vickers

I have just purchased the Top (£4 on sale) The Shorts (in Black) £6.99 and a Jacket £20, I havn't worn them on a ride yet but they are comfortable enough! (Sorry about the embarrassing Photo!!!)
7879032124_141ee39385_b.jpg

Top Bottom