btwin kit..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Now then..

We all know that Btwin/Decathlon kit can be a bit hit and miss; however, I bought a little water/wind proof btwin jacket for £9.99 (model beautifully in my photo ;)) about a month ago and it's great. I always wear a jacket of this kind in the winter, as even on dry days mud/water from puddles can make a mess of your Sunday best. Anyway, it's great and almost disposable at the price; keeps the wind/rain/mud/oil etc off you and keeps the rest of your kit clean. Doubt it will win any cool prizes though, as you can see in my photo ;)..

I wear it over a baselayer and one of these- http://galibier.corecommerce.com/Winter-clothing/Intermediate-Vitesse-Jacket.html - which is brilliant btw! and it's enough to keep me warm all through winter.

So if moneys tight, or you just want something disposable to keep the crap of your expensive clothing bear it in mind.

Link - http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rainproof-jacket-3-red-id_8154027.html £9.99 is for green, £11.99 for red. I'm just under ten stone and slim so I bought the smallest size- In case you were interested in picking one up.

Thought i'd share, anyway.
C

Globalti

Legendary Member
I looked at these but they are very bulky.

Don't buy the bottle cages; they are too big for a standard 75cl bottle and don't grip it.

OP
OP
C

Chescadence

I looked at these but they are very bulky.

Don't buy the bottle cages; they are too big for a standard 75cl bottle and don't grip it.

Bulky? they're very thin and scrunch up easily into a jersey pocket!
I have the bottle cages and they fit 550ml bottles fine which is really all I need.

Globalti

Legendary Member
No, I mean they are cut very wide around the waist and they hang down onto your knees when you're in a riding position.

OP
OP
C

Chescadence

Well, that's strange..I have the smallest size and the elasticated hem is snug at the waist and it comes to the crutch in a riding position; comes a tiny bit further down at the back which is ideal to catch muck.

Very different experiences; doesn't even sound like the same jacket!

Rob500

We all know that Btwin/Decathlon kit can be a bit hit and miss; however, I bought a little water/wind proof btwin jacket for £9.99 (model beautifully in my photo ;)) about a month ago and it's great. So if moneys tight, or you just want something disposable to keep the crap of your expensive clothing bear it in mind.
I've had one of those in blue myself for a while now. Cheap and cheerful it is and it'll not win any prizes in the cool kit competition. But it'll keep the muck off your good tops and it folds up nicely in the middle back pocket with the phone and food on either side

400bhp

Guru
Now then..

We all know that Btwin/Decathlon kit can be a bit hit and miss;

I think that's a bit over zealous.

IMO the vast vast majority of their kit is good.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I wanted one of these jackets when I last went into Decathlon but they were sold out. I bought the high viz gilet instead (Mrs nickyboy worries about me out on dull winter days). Bit more expensive but v nicely made and just the job
FWIW I find the Decathlon gear by and large v good

Ccchicane

Should this be linked to the snobbishness thread? IME btwin cycling gear is perfectly adequate and good value for money, more expensive kit may fit slightly better or last a bit longer but both do the same job in the end, cover your bits and keep the weather off!! Commence the cyber bullying now! Lol

paul04

Über Member
I got one of the rainproof jackets from Decathlon just before christmas, for £9.99 they are good.

OP
OP
C

Chescadence

Yes, I guess "hit and miss" is a little harsh; much of my btwin/decathlon kit is very good. Some things i'd buy again; other things I wouldn't is more what I meant.

I own quite a bit of their kit and think it's absolutely fine; some things i'd pay a bit more for next time but other stuff is really good value for money and does the job fine.

Not really sure how this should be linked to the snobbishness thread; I was after all saying the btwin jacket was good? Unless of course you meant the snobbish attitude towards buying btwin kit over brand-x.

C

Top Bottom