btwin kit..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob500

Most of my stuff is Btwin and as you say Checadence there's nothing wrong with it. 3 pairs of shorts. 3 long sleeved base layers. 2 training tops. 2 lycra tops. 2 pair of gloves. 1 pair shoes. 1 rain mac.

OP
OP
C

Chescadence

Most of my stuff is Btwin and as you say Checadence there's nothing wrong with it. 3 pairs of shorts. 3 long sleeved base layers. 2 training tops. 2 lycra tops. 2 pair of gloves. 1 pair shoes. 1 rain mac.

I have the 3/4 and Leggings that say "Occasional use"...they've had a fair bit of regular use and they're still going strong; great value for money too! I know a few guys with jerseys and they look decent too! Think I might pick up a pair of the bib-shorts from there too; they were on offer at £8.99 but they didn't have my size- not fussed about paying the full price mind!

What are the btwin shoes like? Presumably you mean road shoes?

C

Ccchicane

Chescadence, I wasn't singling you out at all, was purely meaning as you said, snobbishness about btwin v branded, sorry for any offence :-)

OP
OP
C

Chescadence

Chescadence, I wasn't singling you out at all, was purely meaning as you said, snobbishness about btwin v branded, sorry for any offence :-)

Not at all; my mistake.

You're quite right; it seems some wouldn't buy btwin just because of what it is- when in reality it does the same job, often to a comparable level as the branded stuff at a fraction of the price. Some things I'd pay a little more for but for the most part my btwin kit does all I need it to...that goes for btwin bikes too.

C

400bhp

Guru
Not sure what to make of this^_^
Is that goo as in Goo(d) :bicycle: or goo as in Yuk xx(

Wibble.

Now corrected. :tongue:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've got 2 identical red winter jackets, which retail at Decathlon for £69.99. They're great; hi-viz thermal liner and waterproof outer.

I paid £16 and £17 for them though ^_^ . Oh, and they're marked XS and Medium, although they're exactly the same size :rolleyes:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
They have a pair of road shoes on there...£45 I think; btwin road 7 or something...nice to find someone that can vouch for btwin shoes; even if not the road varieties.

Ah, I forgot. I bought the road spds last year as well. Done about 3,000 miles in them. Cost me about £40, can't remember exactly. Absolutely fine. I'm sure £140 shoes would be better (whatever "better" may mean, stiffer?) but they most certainly will do for now

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I bought one of the 9.99 rainjackets last year (orange). Use as the final defence against heavier rain. It's a bit 'boil in the bag', but works well and for 9.99 ......! I have 3 pairs of their cheapest shorts which have been absolutely fine for 3 years or so, also summer tights, and jerseys - again the 7.99 ones - excellent, EXCEPT they only have one pocket, not three. Fabric seems to be exactly the the same as more expensive kit. I bought a long sleeve one on offer too - again excellent. Appreciate the good range of sizes - they usually have small ! and that you can get kit in ONE plain colour. I also have a fair number of their running/fitness shorts and tops, which have been excellent. Only problem for me is that the nearest store is a 150 mile round trip. When will they realise there is a huge market for their stuff in the SW + W of England, and Wales?

Top Bottom