B'twin Tilt 940 - there are none, now going for a Brompton. I am far too excited about it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
14 Kg. Pretty heavy for a folder, what does an equivalent Brommie weigh?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
14 Kg. Pretty heavy for a folder, what does an equivalent Brommie weigh?

Not an awful lot less, actually. ISTR my old M3L was over 12kg. I had use of a 'Superlight' S2L recently and even that weighed over 10kg, including mudguards and fitted lights (10.24kg to be exact). You could knock a bit off that if you went singlespeed, but not much.

Lightest folder I've ever ridden is the Hummingbird (7.3kg), but that costs nearly nine times as much as the Btwin.

Weight is only really an issue if you have to carry it up a long flight of stairs, but you also have to consider the size and shape when folded, which makes a big difference to how comfortable and easy it is to carry. If you don't need to carry it much, it might not matter at all.

Drago

Legendary Member
Being rather weighty myself the mass of the bike is very, very low down my list of worries. Max payload would be of much more interest.

That aside, looks OK for the money. Could be just what @Marmion needs for short local trips as he describes.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
[QUOTE 5125543, member: 259"]If you've got one local, Decathlon's after sales service puts a lot of bike shops to shame, and the mechanics in ours are very good.[/QUOTE]
Not too local but I drive past it a couple of times a week so handy enough

mitchibob

Über Member
Given that nobody seems to have identified anything glaringly important I think I'll pop into Decathlon en route home later this week and have a look and a try out :okay:

Not exactly glowing reviews on the Decathlon website. The weight, considering the materials, seems a bit much.

The folded state looks like you could annoy a lot of people on the underground, especially at rush hour.

Even in their own video, the quality looks pretty sketchy, brakes and pedals especially. But one or two half decent looking components too.

It might be worth £400, and if you're only doing short rides here and there, might be OK, although, for that kind of riding, are 7 gears really necessary?

Top Bottom