B'twin Tilt 940 - there are none, now going for a Brompton. I am far too excited about it.

Discussion in 'Folding Bikes' started by Pro Tour Punditry, 22 Jan 2018.

1. Crackle

Crackle Pah

Ask Milkfloat how much he's willing to sell it to you for

theclaud, Drago, Milkfloat and 2 others like this.
  2. mustang1

mustang1 Veteran

Brompton is to folding bikes what apple laptops is to other laptops and what apple phones are to other phones. If you don't use it, you don't understand why you should use it.

User259 likes this.
  3. Drago

Drago Guru

You're not selling it to me! :laugh:

mustang1 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Pro Tour Punditry

Pro Tour Punditry Guru

I got caught up at work yesterday so missed getting into Decathlon.

And now I have gone and clicked onto the Brompton website. I'm doomed.

5. chriscross1966

chriscross1966 Senior Member

[QUOTE 5129358, member: 259"]Whatever you do, don't click on the innocent looking tab that says "Superlight" :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Or google Indiegogo Vostok brompton disk conversions..... https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vostok-titanium-components#/ or for the deep-secontion carbon-fibre rims you can get, or those staggeringly gorgeous deep-section Andoza rims....

6. chriscross1966

It isn't hard to spend as much as a Brompton on a Rohloff hub to put on it, as much as another Brompton on a set of wide-hub capable titanium extremities and the front hub to go with that, as much as another Brompton on a set of fabulous rims (plus spokes adn wheelbuilding costs) for it to run on, and as much again on a titanium seatpost, a titanium handlebar stem and some beautiful but fairly pointless titanium/carbon bling... At that point all that is left of the original Brompton is the main frame and the saddle......

tribanjules and User259 like this.
  7. chriscross1966

It's way easier to modify a Brompton than an Apple :-)

8. Drago

Drago Guru

Riding a Brompton to the station is much more effective that trying to ride a Macbook. People should label things!

ukoldschool, FishFright and mjr like this.
  9. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

Whatever you do, don't click onto the Hummingbird website - you'll be even doomederer.

Just so you know exactly which website not to click onto, it's this one: https://hummingbirdbike.com/

10. OP
    OP
    Pro Tour Punditry

Pro Tour Punditry Guru

Nah, nae chance of that.

But having had a good explore of the Brompton website/build your Brompton thing I reckon that I might go for that.

To be honest I had really wanted to avoid Brompton as all the CC Brompton owners just look complete t*ssers; having explored the site I now realise that Brompton are outstanding and as I am magnificent that it's a great match. All the rest of youse are just t*ssers so will look like t*ssers

:tongue:

11. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

Tossers gonna toss.

Best modification I ever made to mine was swapping the rollers for skateboard wheels. Fluoro orange ones.

theclaud, Drago and Pro Tour Punditry like this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Pro Tour Punditry

Pro Tour Punditry Guru

The only memory of early 1980s skateboard wheels are the noise of spinning them round when upturned and starched aprons.. I had nae balance. I did visit the A&E a lot.

theclaud and Fab Foodie like this.
  13. OP
    OP
    Pro Tour Punditry

Pro Tour Punditry Guru

I paid a visit to Edinburgh Bike Co-op on Sunday and shall be placing an order tomorrow.

User259 and Drago like this.
  14. Drago

Drago Guru

Presumably it looked pretty decent?

15. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Which version?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice