B'twin Tilt 940 - there are none, now going for a Brompton. I am far too excited about it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
Not exactly glowing reviews on the Decathlon website. The weight, considering the materials, seems a bit much.

The folded state looks like you could annoy a lot of people on the underground, especially at rush hour.

Even in their own video, the quality looks pretty sketchy, brakes and pedals especially. But one or two half decent looking components too.

It might be worth £400, and if you're only doing short rides here and there, might be OK, although, for that kind of riding, are 7 gears really necessary?

Brompton is to folding bikes what apple laptops is to other laptops and what apple phones are to other phones. If you don't use it, you don't understand why you should use it.

chriscross1966

Über Member
It isn't hard to spend as much as a Brompton on a Rohloff hub to put on it, as much as another Brompton on a set of wide-hub capable titanium extremities and the front hub to go with that, as much as another Brompton on a set of fabulous rims (plus spokes adn wheelbuilding costs) for it to run on, and as much again on a titanium seatpost, a titanium handlebar stem and some beautiful but fairly pointless titanium/carbon bling... At that point all that is left of the original Brompton is the main frame and the saddle......

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
And now I have gone and clicked onto the Brompton website. I'm doomed.

Whatever you do, don't click onto the Hummingbird website - you'll be even doomederer.

Just so you know exactly which website not to click onto, it's this one: https://hummingbirdbike.com/

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Whatever you do, don't click onto the Hummingbird website - you'll be even doomederer.

Just so you know exactly which website not to click onto, it's this one: https://hummingbirdbike.com/
Nah, nae chance of that.

But having had a good explore of the Brompton website/build your Brompton thing I reckon that I might go for that.

To be honest I had really wanted to avoid Brompton as all the CC Brompton owners just look complete t*ssers; having explored the site I now realise that Brompton are outstanding and as I am magnificent that it's a great match. All the rest of youse are just t*ssers so will look like t*ssers

:tongue:

Top Bottom