1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B'twin Tilt 940 - there are none, now going for a Brompton. I am far too excited about it.

Discussion in 'Folding Bikes' started by Marmion, 22 Jan 2018.

1. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

The Red Enclave
    Tossers gonna toss.

Best modification I ever made to mine was swapping the rollers for skateboard wheels. Fluoro orange ones.
    theclaud, Drago and Marmion like this.
  2. OP

Marmion Guru

The only memory of early 1980s skateboard wheels are the noise of spinning them round when upturned and starched aprons.. I had nae balance. I did visit the A&E a lot.
    theclaud and Fab Foodie like this.
  3. OP

Marmion Guru

I paid a visit to Edinburgh Bike Co-op on Sunday and shall be placing an order tomorrow.
    Mort and Drago like this.
  4. Drago

Drago Guru

Presumably it looked pretty decent?
  5. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

The good thing about EBC is they also install all your accessories for nowt so make sure you have a good think about what you want as it'll save you a bit of swearing and a few skinned fingers. I'm thinking marathon plus tyres from bitter experience.
    Marmion likes this.
  6. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Which version?
  7. Regulator

Regulator Not a SPM snowflake.

I can hardly believe it - four pages of discussion on a Decathlon folder and no-one has suggested they're rubbish and Marmion should get a Greenway instead...
  8. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Isn't that a cycle route through the London Olympic park? :huh:
    deptfordmarmoset likes this.
  9. OP

Marmion Guru

P6R in Tempest Blue with Shimano Hub Dynamo
    chriscross1966 and Fab Foodie like this.
  10. chriscross1966

chriscross1966 Well-Known Member

Good choice, did you go for the lowered gearing?... Quite a lot of folks suggest it's a good option unless you are very fit and the road is flat...
  11. OP

Marmion Guru

Standard gearing, I'll get off if required and pretend I'm a pedestrian carrying a bike
    chriscross1966 and Mort like this.
  12. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Legendary Member

Don't walk too slow - kids will be trying to honk your nose.
    Fab Foodie and flake99please like this.
  13. Kell

Kell Senior Member

I saw someone carrying one of those out of Marylebone station the other day.

Looked an awkward way to carry, but undoubtedly lighter than a Brompton.
  14. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

The Red Enclave
    The overall folded size of the Hummingbird is larger than the Brompton, but the interesting thing is that it's much narrower when folded. This means that you don't have to hold your arm away from your body when carrying it, which is far less tiring (and the fact that it is so much lighter obviously makes a big difference too). Carrying it is very easy. That narrow width also means it's easier to slide into the gap between seats on trains so you don't have to leave it out of sight in the vestibules.
  15. OP

Marmion Guru

In the interests of trying to stay on topic of the OP, I popped into Decathlon on my way home tonight to have a look at the Tilt 940 which was still showing as in stock. It was not obviously on display so I asked about it, mentioning that is was showing as in stock on the website. Cutting a long wait and far too many people asking me stuff...no joy.

Anyway, I am very very excited about getting my foldy tosser bike in a few weeks :smile: