B'twin Tilt 940 - there are none, now going for a Brompton. I am far too excited about it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Which version?
P6R in Tempest Blue with Shimano Hub Dynamo

chriscross1966

Über Member
Good choice, did you go for the lowered gearing?... Quite a lot of folks suggest it's a good option unless you are very fit and the road is flat...

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I saw someone carrying one of those out of Marylebone station the other day.

Looked an awkward way to carry, but undoubtedly lighter than a Brompton.

The overall folded size of the Hummingbird is larger than the Brompton, but the interesting thing is that it's much narrower when folded. This means that you don't have to hold your arm away from your body when carrying it, which is far less tiring (and the fact that it is so much lighter obviously makes a big difference too). Carrying it is very easy. That narrow width also means it's easier to slide into the gap between seats on trains so you don't have to leave it out of sight in the vestibules.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
In the interests of trying to stay on topic of the OP, I popped into Decathlon on my way home tonight to have a look at the Tilt 940 which was still showing as in stock. It was not obviously on display so I asked about it, mentioning that is was showing as in stock on the website. Cutting a long wait and far too many people asking me stuff...no joy.

Anyway, I am very very excited about getting my foldy tosser bike in a few weeks :smile:

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
:thanks:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
While I was half thinking this thread needed a change of title (''Why I bought a Brompton instead.'') I thought I'd go and have a look online at my local Decathlon website. Et voilà, it's reporting as in stock for £400. I'm tempted to go along and have a look when they open. I could do with a sort of get-me-to-the-pub bike for visitors, and my own bikes are too big for most. It's an irredeemably ugly bike that may transport all riders into tosserdom, mind. I wonder whether it could take a seatpost mounted rack for shopping - it looks like it's an oversized seatpost.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The one I ordered is gonna come in at 13.75kg so not much difference. It includes mudguards, rack, and dynohub.

The Tilt 940 seems to be an elusive bike...
According to the woman who served me at Decathlon there are only 3 of the reduced price offer in stock in the whole of the UK. One is in Edinburgh (allegedly), the other two are in Oxford and Cambridge. She's ordering one from one of the 2 nearer places and she says she'll give me a call when it comes in. We'll see.....or alternatively, we won't....

Top Bottom