B'twin Tilt 940 - there are none, now going for a Brompton. I am far too excited about it.

Discussion in 'Folding Bikes' started by Pro Tour Punditry, 22 Jan 2018.

1. Crackle

Crackle Pah

Tosser.

theclaud likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Pro Tour Punditry

Pro Tour Punditry Guru

:thanks:

Crackle likes this.
  3. Regulator

Regulator Scourge of stale, pale, male snowflakes.

I thought all your bikes were tosser bikes? :whistle:

4. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

While I was half thinking this thread needed a change of title (''Why I bought a Brompton instead.'') I thought I'd go and have a look online at my local Decathlon website. Et voilà, it's reporting as in stock for £400. I'm tempted to go along and have a look when they open. I could do with a sort of get-me-to-the-pub bike for visitors, and my own bikes are too big for most. It's an irredeemably ugly bike that may transport all riders into tosserdom, mind. I wonder whether it could take a seatpost mounted rack for shopping - it looks like it's an oversized seatpost.

Pro Tour Punditry likes this.
  5. deptfordmarmoset

So I got to the shop and found out that the only belt drive model they had had been sold about an hour and a half before I got there. I went away empty handed and found a tap room.

6. OP
    OP
    Pro Tour Punditry

Pro Tour Punditry Guru

The one I ordered is gonna come in at 13.75kg so not much difference. It includes mudguards, rack, and dynohub.

The Tilt 940 seems to be an elusive bike...

7. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

It’s a discontinued model, hence the knock-down price.

8. deptfordmarmoset

According to the woman who served me at Decathlon there are only 3 of the reduced price offer in stock in the whole of the UK. One is in Edinburgh (allegedly), the other two are in Oxford and Cambridge. She's ordering one from one of the 2 nearer places and she says she'll give me a call when it comes in. We'll see.....or alternatively, we won't....

9. OP
    OP
    Pro Tour Punditry

Pro Tour Punditry Guru

The one in Edinburgh is very well hidden

10. deptfordmarmoset

They always were a secretive lot in Edinburgh. Hiding things is second nature to them.

11. OP
    OP
    Pro Tour Punditry

Pro Tour Punditry Guru

I has been told a date. :okay:
    It is another 3 weeks :sad:

12. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Fine young feller like you, she might agree to a meet-up even if you don't yet have a Brompton.

13. deptfordmarmoset

I was told they'd let me know within a week a good 3 weeks ago. Meanwhile, I looked at the Decathlon website and found no 940s listed. With luck, your Decathlon is more reliable than mine and the website.

14. OP
    OP
    Pro Tour Punditry

Pro Tour Punditry Guru

Brompton, Brompton, Brompton!!!

15. MarkF

MarkF Guru

I've asked about these before, it has some really thoughtful touches, but nobody seems to own one................I don't think it's heavy, same as the Dahons I've owned and I've managed to carry two, one of each shoulder, when Mrs F and I go on breaks. I recall the magazine reviews and videos when it was first released and love to have an actual owner review.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice