Builders boots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A fair question.

In German I'm an Arbeitserzieher, which is a cross between a social worker and an occupational therapist in the UK. Germany has networks of workshops for people with disabilities, and I work in one for people with Psychological disabilities as a sort of supervisor, and one of my departments is a wood workshop. Hence the need for work boots.
Phew!

I thought you wore them so when taking kids from their parents you could ' stick the boot in'.

Above comment made completely in jest before someone jumps on their PC Horse, I assume humour is still allowed here.

A fair question.

In German I'm an Arbeitserzieher, which is a cross between a social worker and an occupational therapist in the UK. Hence the need for work boots.

Phew!

I thought you wore them so when taking kids from their parents you could ' stick the boot in'.
I was thinking exactly same. Except if they didn’t perform at work you gave them a good kicking until carpentry improved..... tough crowd in Germany :whistle:
Middle finger to the PC brigade @shep, miserable stiffs they are

Phew!

Thankfully I work almost exclusively with adults: I have a very good friend who does the same as me with children aged 0-6 and we have a mutual respect based on the understanding that we could never do the other's job.

I was thinking exactly same. Except if they didn’t perform at work you gave them a good kicking until carpentry improved..... tough crowd in Germany :whistle:

Most of my clients are generally a lot bigger than me.

And they are also wearing work boots...

A lot of my colleagues in social care would generally agree with those sentiments: a lot of the loudest people in these debates have no contact with the people they claim to be "protecting" and would probably run a mile if they met most of my clients.

Thankfully I work almost exclusively with adults: I have a very good friend who does the same as me with children aged 0-6 and we have a mutual respect based on the understanding that we could never do the other's job.

Most of my clients are generally a lot bigger than me.

And they are also wearing work boots...
Never over estimate the big ones, never under estimate the little ones. Learn a bit of Krava Maga :okay: (steel toe caps optional) ^_^
(again a joke before everyone dives on me for violence)

Top Bottom