Building a couple of 20" wheel tadpole e-trike from scratch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
16 More miles in the sun today and an icecream at Hove, home in time before dark for dinner.
With the derelict west pier in the background
WP_20190220_16_05_32_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
A quick look over both trikes today ,
Both sets of 203 mm brake conversions working well and the mkll seats are more comfortable,
These trikes with their mid suspension are more comfortable than the project X without suspension..
With the house sale completed yesterday we have more time to spend doing the things we like .

More photos later..

regards Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Hi folks
Its a week since we returned from the home of leeks and rain ( only joking folks (not))
74 miles this week in a desperate effort to shed 4 lbs , I seem to have put the 2 lbs I lost back on with another 2lbs to boot .
Waiting to hear about the cottage I have put an offer in for . Fence repair ( gravel board was rotten ) and lots of other wonderful DIY jobs sorted in Peacehaven , including a dump run , couple of bike repairs for a neighbour and a bit of work on the trikes .
Whilst we were out we bumped into Ronnie a guy from just along the road on his Full Fat ICE trike . Photos will follow .
The only joy of retirement , the disadvantages far out weigh the advantages - Old age , poor pension and slow healing with aches and pains .

Later's folks - dinner to cook and dish up .

regards emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
More fun on 3 wheels today with another ride to the meeting place cafe in Hove , 16 miles in the warm , made a change today rather than the spiteful wind of the last week , mileage slowly going up .
Ken is running my spare battery as the small ones appear to have some low capacity cells .
regards Emma
WP_20190418_16_22_49_Pro (2).jpg

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
Currently looking into having 2 bottle batteries re-celled Currently I cannot find anyone relatively local who doesn't want more than the battery cost originally .

Just ordered 4 pair of toestraps ( securing trike to roof ) from an eBay seller ,
Guess what - only supplied 2 pairs - what are they like - unimpressed of Brighton

regards emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
New 36v 10ah bottle battery ordered for Ken's trike ( due this week) .

The " replacement " 2 pairs of toe straps " are on their way to us .

These are to tie the trike on the roof of the car for transport.

Updates when the battery arrives.

Regards Emma

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
hi folks

The replacement toe straps arrived yesterday along with the new battery for Ken's trike . A 36v 10ah to replace his 9ah battery that had served him well for almost 5 years .Charged the battery last night and today We rode out to Brighton to check out the capacity and it seems good . (14 miles )
Ice cream on the beach before leaving Madeira Drive .
Strange happenings on the beach with a lot of foreign students on the waters edge at low tide.
Home for dinner .

Later's Emma

WP_20190430_17_20_48_Pro.jpg

WP_20190429_16_14_23_Pro.jpg

Hi Emma

Can I ask where you get your batteries? I have a project on the go. I have seen the £170 36V 15 Ah lithium batteries on eBay but suspect that if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is!

OP
OP
voyager

voyager

E- tadpole Triker
This particular battery came from eBay at £161 delivered , it was chosen as it was the nearest to the one it replaced , supplied without a charger , it was to replace another bottle battery and the mounts which had been built into the new seat last Christmas.

The problem with some of the batteries is the mounting and unless l was to design a mount for a new battery , l tend to stick with " old favourites" beware of batteries with limited warranties as these could have problems in the short term , hence the limited warranty.

Hope this helps .

regards Emma

Top Bottom