Building a shed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
I'd never get a concrete mixer through the flat and into the garden :ohmy: Imagine the mess one of those would make in the porch and living room.
Looks like an excellent build though.
you might not, but i would most certainly! trust me, i've moved a few tons of bricks through a house :smile: then again it depends on how clean you like your house :tongue:
Turbo area. There is more but it just took me 30 minutes to sort that one out and I have forgot how I did it already. As you can see photography is one of my very many failures in life. I look at the pictures others on here take and think, if only I could.
nice! i'm guessing you have bike computer on bars or has the turbo got things like speed etc that feed up to that little display in front of bars? and then computer or there for training vids etc?
not sure i would like vice there personally, in my experience you need a bit of space around a vice and it can get slightly messy around them, not really much space to the right of vice with turbo there and computer probably doesn't like dust and other fine potentially air borne particles
just my preference but if you find it works for you then all is good :smile:
please try to take more pics and work out how to upload them? once you have taken them on the camera, plug it into pc and find the folder with the pics in (different on every camera :sad: ) and then copy and paste them by right clicking etc on the photo on in the camera folder and paste them onto you computer. then go on here and next to the post reply button it said 'upload a file' click on this button and then find the photos you just moved onto your computer and select them and press 'open'
:biggrin:
Cheers Ed

drummerbod

A polycarb roof will allow UV light to fade/rot anything you keep in it.

All of the polycarb I know of has UV filtering so not an issue.

young Ed

Veteran
one day when i have settled down at the home i plan to spend the rest of my days in a will build a nice white, clean rooms just for bike storage and turbo etc and most bike work. just like yours @screenman
and then i will have the dirty workshop full of tractor bits and metal swarf etc and with welders and pillar drills etc :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

Saluki

World class procrastinator
you might not, but i would most certainly! trust me, i've moved a few tons of bricks through a house :smile: then again it depends on how clean you like your house :tongue:

:biggrin:
Cheers Ed
I like my home clean.
We are the middle home in a terrace of 3. There is no vehicular access to the back garden.
I too have moved bricks, on a sack barrow, through the middle of a previous home. We covered the furniture with dust sheets and got on with the job in hand.

screenman

Legendary Member
Ed, that is the bike area, no dirty work is carried out in that garage as I have other space for that. The turbo is the Cateye cs-1000 the like of which Sir Chris often used, so the guys at Manchester have told me.

screenman

Legendary Member
Not always but for the majority of people, they price up the timber for a shed because they think they can build it themselves for less money and they're always surprised when it's more.

I agree with that, often though they are not pricing up the same products though. Certainly if money saving is high on your list the pre formed could be the way to go. If like me you wanted something more substantial then a self build was the way.

Also I was only commenting on the part of his question that involved building one, I have not priced a secure wooden shed now since I built mine.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I agree with that, often though they are not pricing up the same products though. Certainly if money saving is high on your list the pre formed could be the way to go. If like me you wanted something more substantial then a self build was the way.

Also I was only commenting on the part of his question that involved building one, I have not priced a secure wooden shed now since I built mine.

If you're building in timber the best way is to buy a kit and build it yourself, if you're not building using timber I don't know. You can't get more substantial than wood, check out this fascinating video on CLT.

arch684

Veteran
I bought a 20x10 timber garage it quickly became a workshop/storage and dumping place.I think the car was only in it about 6 times

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I built a 50ft x 25ft one with the help of a couple of pals. Cost me around £8K

shed 011.JPG

shed 017.JPG

Tin Pot

Guru
A man cave? Is that like the sewing room that us ladies have, only less pink and with no unicorns in?:girl::girldance:

Yes. That's extremely perceptive of you. :smile:

A shed should be like a dirty secret, and look like one too.

Mine looks ridiculous.

If it looks good, it's a "cabin", if it's well organised and useful, it's a "workshop".

I took time to badly patch up and tidy my shed last year. It's half painted, I put my foot through the floor in one corner and the door doesn't close in the winter.

Top Bottom