Building a shed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Another one for me is that I like the achievement of having built it myself, I fully understand that not everybody wants to do it that way.

MarkF

Guru
Markf I see something like that with the pallets and I want to have a go at it. I have made smaller things from the like as shed for the wheelie bins. Brilliant.

Pallets are always being left around our ind/estate, I think I will start to pilfer and then stockpile them. :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you are going to keep your bikes in a wooden shed, check the small print of your bike insurance. Some companies only cover bikes stored in buildings of brick, stone or concrete construction. (Which strikes me as very sneaky - the doors are probably made of wood, so what difference does it make if the rest is wood too?)

MarkF

Guru
They get left all over our place, heavy machinery gets delivered to our neighbours on them, I suppose they should be colleted at later date but the public nip in and "collect" them first.

Pallets are always being left around our ind/estate, I think I will start to pilfer and then stockpile them. :smile:
Make sure your design is not unpalletable to the neighbours though...
pallet-shed-frame.jpg

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Pallets are a funny one, they're almost a commodity, sometimes their value is high and you can dispose of them easily and other times you can't pay people to take them away.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
We get extreme weather over here which makes steel buildings popular for workshops and garages, they are not cheap but last a long time with minimum maintenance not sure about English availability but this place https://www.steeltechsheds.ie/products/steel-sheds/ is in Ireland.
Im half thinking of a metal shed eventually as a bike store , has anyone any thoughts on them, it would be a full size shed rather than something like an asgard box .Are they more secure than a wooden shed ?
I do already have floor anchors into the concrete drive to secure the bikes.

gavgav

Guru
Mr Brother works for The Garden Buildings Company (GBC) if anyone wants a decent shed. "Other shed people are available" :whistle:

Top Bottom