Building leg muscles how long will it take?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I

I've been bumming around for years, if you're interested. :rolleyes:
:stop: :laugh:

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Cycling wont build huge legs for the average guy. You do see a lot of the Belgium amateurs with big quads but they are skinny animals. Gym queen for big legs. I prefer Lunges over squats. Simply brilliant. Partial to dead lifts too but I get tendonitis in my wrists from holding onto huge amounts of weight too soon. Can't help myself.

Hit the weights if that's what you want

L14M

Über Member
Cycling wont build huge legs for the average guy. You do see a lot of the Belgium amateurs with big quads but they are skinny animals. Gym queen for big legs. I prefer Lunges over squats. Simply brilliant. Partial to dead lifts too but I get tendonitis in my wrists from holding onto huge amounts of weight too soon. Can't help myself.

Hit the weights if that's what you want
Really mate? Explain my legs?

JasonHolder

you explain your legs to me first. My guess is you didn't get them from cycling. Probably just fat legs at your age

Last edited:
U

User6179

Really mate? Explain my legs?

Think Jason is correct here as most cyclist I see that do lots of miles don't have muscular legs , am thinking of your average club rider .

You probably inherited the capacity for big leg muscles from your father .

L14M

Über Member
For some strange reason I don't want to post a pic of mmy legs?

JasonHolder

IMG_20140430_181008.jpg
OP Tan lines are the best you can hope for! Lose the leg warmers. Chicks dig it lol

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Did we get to the WHY part yet? This is not something about kicking sand in skinny kids eyes is it?
I'm not the kicking sand bully type, but I have to admit having well-defined leg muscles would be nice. Thanks to lots of cycling, my thigh and calf muscles are well-developed, but thanks to genetics, they just don't stand out that much.

Actually, I'm not sure about the calf muscles, because it's difficult to view my calf muscles from the rear while cycling. If any of you find a way to do that, feel free to let me know :laugh:.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I seem to be one of the few whos legs are getting bigger because of cycling . Having said that I did a lot of sport and physical work when I was younger so the muscle may well have been there before , just not used for the last ten years as I have been workshop based and lazy .
I am , like Mr Holder , rather god like though :thumbsup: ( without the dodgy carpets )

Top Bottom