Building up the miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Better to eat the fruit and get all of the nutrition, notably the fibre. More filling too, less fruit needed so less calories, especially sugar

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for the link.

I was ware that the amount of calories in a smoothie can quickly add up to same as tbe calories in a meal.

I only add strawberries or a banana and fat free milk, no yoghurt or anything else. Am I consuming too many calories from one banana and some milk blended together?
How big is the banana and how ripe. Riper is more sugar

OP
OP
L

LemonJuice

Better to eat the fruit and get all of the nutrition, notably the fibre. More filling too, less fruit needed so less calories, especially sugar

Yes, only sometimes I decide to blend milk and a banana or a few strawberries. I normally just eat an orange and drink a pint of water.

vickster

Legendary Member
Two questions:

1) Is it healthy?

2) Will it hinder my weight loss?
Eating a mashed up banana? No.
but It’s better nutritionally as a whole banana than all mashed up (assuming you have teeth ;))

Essentially, you lose weight by burning more calories than you consume, as explained in your other threads. But you need to keep a balance, starving yourself is bad, as is not having the correct balance of nutrition

I only use smoothies of a way of getting veg down me. Hate most veg in its normal state but can cope with Kale/spinach/Celery/Beetroot etc in a smoothie as the other flavours overpower the veg. As an aside, I find banana in a smoothie overpowers any other food you put in it, can have anything in but if it has banana in then it will always taste of banana (not necessarily a bad thing!).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I’m aiming to get down to 11 1/2 stone by mid August.
And stay there by mid September, October, November etc.

Most people would probably be heading back in the other direction by then but I suspect that you are in danger of being only 11 stone by September and 10 stone something by October! :whistle:

@LemonJuice that’s great news, we’ll done! We’ve been alcohol free since June 6th 2011, and have never looked back, I wish you well on this, it is a great way to go. Our preferred drink is sparkling water with ice and fresh squeezed lemon.
I’ve maintained around 11st 10, for the whole time since coming down from the 15st mentioned previously, principally due to diet & cycling.
The mission you have is one very similar to mine, and is very achievable for you now that the harder work is done.
Well done to you!

Hudson1984

Über Member
can I start a sweepstake as to how many pages this thread will run to whilst being the same as most of your others? :whistle::whistle::whistle:

I'll help...

read the hundreds of other replies to your other threads, look at the nutritional value of things, use those values in accordance with the ample advice you've already been given.

stop asking the same question a different way.

Good morning,

I had assumed that these threads and those from a couple of other people were tests of computer generated content.

What better way to test the software than to see if people understand the question and answer it and then see how many "response with a question/answer" pairs can be generated before a human operator need to step in.

Bye

Ian

Top Bottom