Building up the miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Do you follow a diet? If not, do you just eat and drink what you want?

What is your height? What is your weight?

I’m merely curious.

Cheers, big ears.

No

Yes

But what I want to eat, seems to keep me in pretty good shape.

Tall enough for my feet to reach the pedals

Heavy enough to keep a bike attached to the road. :okay:

HTH

Unremarkable ears :rolleyes:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
5'7" 65.5 Kg. I like everything and don't do much exercise now, so no I can't really eat what I want. I followed a keto diet strictly for months to lose weight, now I follow it for a week or so and then have a cheat day or two, then get back on it. Works for me so far. I tend to favour whole foods now i.e. no processed foods or added sugars. I do crave ice cream and chocolate sometimes but mostly I eat eggs, meat, herbs, spices, cheese, salad and green veg

winjim

Smash the cistern
Wednesday night is fish & chips. Saturday night is pizza night. Other than that it's just food. Risotto tonight using yesterday's leftover roast chicken I think. Normal BMI and the kids seem healthy enough.

'Eat the rainbow' is the best and easiest advice I ever got from a dietician. If all your food is brown or beige then you're probably doing something wrong. And it's easy advice to explain to a rainbow obsessed 4yo. 🌈

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Wednesday night is fish & chips. Saturday night is pizza night. Other than that it's just food. Risotto tonight using yesterday's leftover roast chicken I think. Normal BMI and the kids seem healthy enough.

'Eat the rainbow' is the best and easiest advice I ever got from a dietician. If all your food is brown or beige then you're probably doing something wrong. And it's easy advice to explain to a rainbow obsessed 4yo. 🌈

Even better still eat and grow a rainbow - for lots of other people too - the exercise keeps you fit and strong as well :angel:

But why stick with green beans?? When you can have purple and red and yellow and stripey ones too ^_^

winjim

Smash the cistern
Even better still eat and grow a rainbow - for lots of other people too - the exercise keeps you fit and strong as well :angel:

But why stick with green beans?? When you can have purple and red and yellow and stripey ones too ^_^
The reason I grow a few bits and pieces is mainly to connect the kids with where their food comes from. We rarely get enough to actually make a decent meal out of it, we get a fancy middle class organic veg box delivered once a week for that.

My mum did manage to impress the 4yo with some purple carrots once, not home grown though.

Kryton521

Über Member
I'd honestly and happily recommend the Noom thing. I have so many issues it's not funny....... One of them is that I "comfort" eat and that turns into "Punishment" eat. Complex? Not half, anyway, Noom addresses issues and gives helpful advice, food tracking, Traffic light on foods. I'm really enjoying it, helping me to make better choices and feel better equipped to make an achievable short term and long term goals.

Bottom line is, as long as you can get out the door and onto your bike. You'll be doing alright.

AndyRM

XOXO

My take away from this is 'eat the rainbow' as a gloriously inappropriate euphemism.

Top Bottom