Building up the miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yep, looks like he’s got bored of looking at the underside of his bridge :whistle:

OP
OP
L

LemonJuice

If you go out for a ride for about an hour (a fairly short ride in my opinion), do you bother to have something to eat once you get home?

At the moment, I go out for a ride for about an hour and then once I get home I have my tea e.g. a small tin of salmon with vegetables.

Will doing that affect weight loss?

All uphill

Still rolling along
I know you have given weight loss a lot of thought even though you are not overweight.

Don't forget to take care of your health too. Salmon and veg sounds very healthy, maybe with a few new potatoes. Yummy.

OP
OP
L

LemonJuice

I know you have given weight loss a lot of thought even though you are not overweight.

Don't forget to take care of your health too. Salmon and veg sounds very healthy, maybe with a few new potatoes. Yummy.

I’m on target for my weight loss, but I just want to know whether or not eating after exercise will affect my weight loss.

Sharky

Guru
Used to have an hours commute into the office. Had a normal breakfast before leaving, then once at work, it was straight into "work" until lunch time apart from coffee and tea. Used to love it when it was somebodies birthday though and they used to bring in cakes for eleven's.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
I’m on target for my weight loss, but I just want to know whether or not eating after exercise will affect my weight loss.

Eating anything containing calories will affect weight loss assuming the only other option is to eat nothing.

If your asking whether eating tea after a ride rather than before will affect weight loss then I can’t see it making any significant difference.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I'd think chewing gum was extremely dangerous. On the two occasions when I or a buddy have crashed, he knocking himself unconscious for a couple of minutes, for the first thirty seconds after the crash we were both immobile on the ground but gasping for air in an uncontrolled way. The last thing you'd want would be to inhale something.
If cycling was completely safe, who'd want to do it?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Why must you eat after a ride? 3 meals a day is a farce. I know many will disagree, but i think it's important to learn to listen to your body. You don't actually need to eat for the sake of eating... I've lost 10 stone. Some days i'll eat breakfast for example and others i don't. That isn't on purpose, i genuinely do not feel hungry when i wake up sometimes. Also, sometimes i won't eat at midday as im not hungry. I only eat when i feel hungry, that includes after a ride. Eat protein based meals it will aid recovery and make sure what you eat is good foods, veg's, lean proteins and minimise rubbish carbs such as bread. It does humour me when you see cyclists do all that peddling on a bicycle only to ram a cream cake in their mouths and a cream coffee at the end of it. It's bizarre to me but then i come from a different perspective what with my weight loss...

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
It does humour me when you see cyclists do all that peddling on a bicycle only to ram a cream cake in their mouths and a cream coffee at the end of it.

For many of them, the cycling will be a weight gain prevention mechanism. It's a way of increasing activity levels to facilitate the consumption of the cream cakes & coffees..
One of the reasons I ride is I can drink plenty of beer and eat kebabs and curries without putting on weight, plus I also have an active job where I'm on my feet all the time.

People who are sedentary and overweight tend to think about it in terms of losing weight. Those of us who are always on the go but like our food and beer look at the activity as something that gives us the headroom to indulge in the stuff we enjoy.

Top Bottom