Building up the miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
For many of them, the cycling will be a weight gain prevention mechanism. It's a way of increasing activity levels to facilitate the consumption of the cream cakes & coffees..
One of the reasons I ride is I can drink plenty of beer and eat kebabs and curries without putting on weight, plus I also have an active job where I'm on my feet all the time.

People who are sedentary and overweight tend to think about it in terms of losing weight. Those of us who are always on the go but like our food and beer look at the activity as something that gives us the headroom to indulge in the stuff we enjoy.
That's me....did two hard sessions midweek so burned a couple of thousand extra calories

Walk this pm with the family and all down the pub afterwards for beers and pizza. Maybe just about calorie neutral....ish

When I was eating breakfast before my
15 mile commute I found I was very hungry mid morning. I was getting up at 6 and not having lunch until one or two o'clock.

Having breakfast at work shortened the gap between meals and solved the problem.

whitesix

Regular
Great advice HMS Dave, most people with some good reason are conditioned to eat three times a day as this is a modern day convention (and usually an expectation, when one generally eats in the company of one's family etc). And well done for losing 10 stone; some effort that! I've only been riding for 8 days thus far and ½ hour is all I can currently manage; still a struggle; still not enjoying it; but very very early days yet!

whitesix

Regular
or a glass (much better than a bottle) of water.

OP
OP
L

LemonJuice

A relative suggested to eat healthy food but increase my calorie intake once a week to help lose weight.

Has anyone had success using this method?

But, I found this:

While the reasoning behind refeed days sounds like it makes sense, there's unfortunately not much science to support the idea of doing them. "As far as boosting the metabolism, there are so many factors that impact metabolism that it's hard to tease out the effects of a single refeeding day," says Machowsky. There also aren't many high-quality peer-reviewed studies that look at refeeding for weight loss specifically, so looking there for evidence isn't much help.

https://www.shape.com/weight-loss/tips-plans/what-is-refeeding-day-weight-loss-plateau

Top Bottom