Built my own MK2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
Been busy again as usual. On a past thread I built my own SWB recumbent a while back and was using it to commute to work and tackled the 75 mile Gt Yorkshire Bike Ride on it. On the longer distance I found a few quirks with the bike; seat angle, steering geometry was out in some way plus the bmx brakes were rubbish. So the bike got stripped and the angle grinder was out again and spent a few months re-structuring a few bits of the bike.

I bought some more steel tube, Pr of pivot brakes, new headset, lightweight motorcycle mirror (better than the plastic bicycle ones),new adjustable stem, aluminium seat post rack, 9 tins of trade paint (primer,gloss and laquer) and some more inner and outer cables. I made a list of all the materials I have bought to build the bike and it came to just under £500 includes all postages of £53.60.

I made a new seat and bracket assembly and adjusted the steering geometry by 20deg. Its more laid back now and the steering and the braking system are tons better and I even re-vamped the decals. :smile:

Heres a few photo's

3tyretrackterry

very nice must give you a real buzz to ride it knowing you built it well done

I think that your attention to detail has produced a nice looking machine - the only bit that needs a bit of a tweak (to my eyes) is the curvature of the front mudguard. I'd be really pleased if I could make something anywhere near as professional as you have done.

itself

Great job! You have a super eye for design, and it reminds me much of the Rans V Rex. Many happy miles on it!

Lisa

OP
OP
bicyclos

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
itself said:
Great job! You have a super eye for design, and it reminds me much of the Rans V Rex. Many happy miles on it!

Many thanks and to everyone else so far. I will have to google the rans v rex just out of curiosity:biggrin:

On the quiet I think I have suprised myself that I have been able to build a bent that rides well. I must have done something right. I am on with a project at present where my seat will be 20cm off the ground built on 26" wheels. Progress photo's when I get the time......

Regards
Leon

Top Bottom