Bullhorns with fixies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Alan O

Alan O

Über Member
I didn't say that you couldn't?

This is one of those topics where the engineering is clear, but everyone else gets very upset for non-engineering reasons. Do what though wilst, but there is no need for drops on a fixie. I like French cuffs on my shirts, but I'm not going to tell anyone they're needed.
I don't see anyone getting upset here.

Tin Pot

Guru
Yes, we know what you think, but you haven't explained why? And whats this engineering? I haven't seen it.

Argh. Ok, forget it. I take back all my comments on this thread. I was wrong. Please forgive me.

Sharky

Guru
Don't think there is anything in particular that ties bull horns to fixed gear/SS bikes. It may be a "fashion" trend, started by the city couriers who wanted very narrow bars to be able to squeeze through narrow traffic gaps. For normal road riding I use drop handlebars and spend most of the time on the hoods, but when tight cornering, descending and occasions when I need more control, I drop to the drops. Using the drops means my centre of gravity is slightly lower and there is no danger of my hands jumping off the bars and losing control.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
I thought bull horns were the old style TT bar banned within the International Union of Cyclist (UCI) in the early 90's?

D

Deleted member 1258

My previous fixed, my Pearson

Henley Fixed.jpeg

My current Fixed, my Genesis Flyer

20151115_115902.jpg

And my first fixed my Pollard from the 1980's

pollard 3.jpeg

D

Deleted member 1258

t' lad and me are building one (appears that everyone is) with bullhorns. I'd put flat bars on but hey ho!

Just put on whatever bars you want to, it doesn't matter, drops, flats or bullhorn, they'll all do.

D

Deleted member 1258

[QUOTE 4964311, member: 43827"]There are other options. This site looks at the pros and cons of different bar shapes.[/QUOTE]

Yes, just decide what bars you like, or the ones that suit what you're planning on doing on the bike and fit them.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
like the bars on that, spend all of my time on the hoods rather than drops, might have to take a look at this ? Also what bars are they ? /off to scour eBay for brake levers as well !
a lot of bull horns are just drop bars flipped over and sawn off. Cane creek do some decent priced bar end levers, 200TT is the model. You need mtb brake cable inners for them.

Top Bottom