burned during psoriasis uv treatment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Background is ive had psoriasis all my life tried everything there is , detailed here
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/psoriasis-no-more.154357/page-5

Im scheduled for spinal surgery 5thmay and surgeon wants the psoriasis as clear as possible, so was refferred back to dermatology and three weeks ago started my fourth round of uvb light therapy, all going well untill yesterday, burned is a bit of an understatement , chest face head (bald), obviously ive rang the hospital but dermatology is closed today,
So before i resort to A+E(doctors cant fit me in0, does anyone have any bright ideas for the relief of sunburn heatstroke,
wife laughing , im currently sat with a cold wet tea towel on me bonce.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
So before i resort to A+E(doctors cant fit me in0, does anyone have any bright ideas for the relief of sunburn heatstroke,
wife laughing , im currently sat with a cold wet tea towel on me bonce.

Visit your pharmacist.

BRounsley

Über Member
No real advice on the sunburn.

I bought a uvb handheld lamp off the internet and have burnt myself with it a few times in the past.

Being a small handled one each patch is only small. It doesn’t take much to cause a burn, sometimes as little as an extra 30 seconds is enough. I stop treating the patch and it fades like typical sunburn.

Ganymede

Veteran
Aloe Vera gel is the best for sunburn. It has an enzyme in it which heals skin. I've used it on tropical sunburn - a friend had no faith but felt fine in the morning. Available at chemists and health food shops.

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
Explained to the pharmacist ,in asda ,a greek chap ,what happened, after taking a look he said follow me , off we go to the refridgerated aisle where he hands me two large pots of LIVE NATURAL YOGHURT.
Im thinking april 1st was yesterday mate..... he tells me its what they use back home in greece and that it must be live yoghurt as it contains enzymes .
Right now I wouldnt care if it contained witchcraft and black magic as long as it works.
So once ive ate my tea im going to cover myself in yoghurt
It sounds like something @Fnaar would get up to with miss goodbody:wacko:
And no , there will be no photos.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Explained to the pharmacist ,in asda ,a greek chap ,what happened, after taking a look he said follow me , off we go to the refridgerated aisle where he hands me two large pots of LIVE NATURAL YOGHURT.
Im thinking april 1st was yesterday mate..... he tells me its what they use back home in greece and that it must be live yoghurt as it contains enzymes .
Right now I wouldnt care if it contained witchcraft and black magic as long as it works.
So once ive ate my tea im going to cover myself in yoghurt
It sounds like something @Fnaar would get up to with miss goodbody:wacko:
And no , there will be no photos.

Spoilsport.

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
No real advice on the sunburn.

I bought a uvb handheld lamp off the internet and have burnt myself with it a few times in the past.

Being a small handled one each patch is only small. It doesn’t take much to cause a burn, sometimes as little as an extra 30 seconds is enough. I stop treating the patch and it fades like typical sunburn.

I too have one of the small hand held lamps but takes ages with that.and cant use it while im recieving hospital treatment.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Best of luck with the yoghurt ... Not heard that one but it will be cooling and slightly moisturising too. Careful when you have a bath as you won't want it as warm as normal. Anything to take the heat out of the area ... Apart from anything I find cooler skin is less itchy from the psoriasis point of view. And I'm going through an itchy phase just now ... Roll on summer so I can expose my skin a bit more.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
The Greek pharmacist is right, the remedy he sold you is effective (and cheap).
Nevertheless, a similar, less messy, less smelly (but more expensive) remedy is the one suggested by @Ganymede ^_^
How on earth did you manage to burn yourself anyway? Is the therapy not supervised?

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
it is supervised , but it is three times a week , each time the dose is increased in strength and duration, , i guess ive found my limit allthough i had stronger the last time i had this treatment, so i guess ......... i dont know really.

Top Bottom