burned during psoriasis uv treatment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
it is supervised , but it is three times a week , each time the dose is increased in strength and duration, , i guess ive found my limit allthough i had stronger the last time i had this treatment, so i guess ......... i dont know really.
:eek:
Did they let you leave burned like that without a burn cream or something?
They must have noticed you turned a shade of red!

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
no, i was fine when i left i only started to feel it a few hours later, and then started to glow

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
The Greek pharmacist is right, the remedy he sold you is effective (and cheap).
Nevertheless, a similar, less messy, less smelly (but more expensive) remedy is the one suggested by @Ganymede ^_^
How on earth did you manage to burn yourself anyway? Is the therapy not supervised?

well i can honestly say ....its took the sting out of it ....he also said to take paracetamol

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I guess at this time of year you have the minimum amount of melanin in your skin, I know I usually first burn at the end of April, whereas by summer I would require more sun to burn.

So I need to be looking out the sunscreen in the next few weeks hopefully, but I normally end up slightly pink at some point being fair skinned. My friends don usually burns for the first time around the end of March but he is really pale skinned.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I guess at this time of year you have the minimum amount of melanin in your skin, I know I usually first burn at the end of April, whereas by summer I would require more sun to burn.

So I need to be looking out the sunscreen in the next few weeks hopefully, but I normally end up slightly pink at some point being fair skinned. My friends don usually burns for the first time around the end of March but he is really pale skinned.
You have sun shining? This time of the year? :ohmy:

Katherine

Guru
Also, it would be a good idea to take paracetamol for the pain and to reduce your temperature and ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation.
Hope you feel better soon.

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
im feeling a dammed sight better now ,it really has taken the burning sting out of it, already on the paracetamol.and fluids

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
You have sun shining? This time of the year? :ohmy:
Just a couple of times and I admit to trying to collect some natural vitamin D but I don't think it's been strong enough yet really. But I've often burnt myself when I go to a friends birthday at the end of April, and sat in her walled garden, so it gets a bit warmer there. Don't ask me how she has normally been lucky! But that's how i can remember when it is.

BRounsley

Über Member
I see you live in Wigan. How often do you come into Manchester?

The reasons I ask is I have some spare “Aloe Vera” plants and you have a couple. You just cut a leaf off and squeeze the goo out.
I’m told Aloe Vera is hard to grown but my lack of green fingers and total neglect seems to be the key. I water it maybe 6 or 7 times a year!

Oats - I read but never tried but putting a bag of oats in the bath can help.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
How are you fairing now a few days later?

I've just been to post a repeat prescription request at my GP and ask why I have to go in and pop a piece of paper in a box to get a repeat prescription when it's been the same medication for the last year and they haven't seen me (apart from once when I needed to know if one patch was infected).

Top Bottom