Burnley area - what is there to see/do on a Saturday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This is off topic, since Strava turned of flybys not everybody has turned it back on including me, if I pass somebody and think was that someone I know, I switch it on to have a look, this happened on Thursday I passed someone I knew going the other way, but they were not on flyby but @DCLane was, as I came past Birkin Church from Beal you followed me round to Birkin cafe, I went straight on, I didn't see you and probably would not have recognised you in your cycling gear, and you would not have recognised me from my avatar.

I remember passing several riders, one into Birkin and another out - which must've been you @Venod - but you haven't come up on my flyby. And I was probably too focused on getting back in time to notice :shy:

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Overall it's been a good day;

Started with a drop-off and then a walk along the canal viaduct in Burnley, thanks to @slowmotion for that. It's a quiet walk but a stone's throw away from the busyness of the town. Started in the middle and went to both ends, then back through Thompson Park which was a pleasant surprise.

pxl_20210417_090020441-jpg.jpg

Then off to JJ's cafe and their new site in an old pub on Dugdale Road. It was busy but they found me a slot and a lovely breakfast. Drove out through Padiham on the route that has either been in the dark or when I'm shattered at the end of an audax.

pxl_20210417_112155924-jpg.jpg

This was followed by a quick walk up/down Pendle Hill, thanks to @ColinJ for that, where I waited in Barley for my son to ride past with the other BC NW Academy riders. Picked up a coffee and cake in the Barley car park, saw the Pendle witch statue of Alice Nutter and off to Pendle for a walk along the canal to the locks.

pxl_20210417_124753359-jpg.jpg

Finished up by watching the riders go round the Steven Burke circuit.

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
I remember passing several riders, one into Birkin and another out - which must've been you @Venod - but you haven't come up on my flyby. And I was probably too focused on getting back in time to notice :shy:
I have turned my flybys back off, you followed me from Birkin Church to the cafe.

Top Bottom