Bus Lane Boris

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LLB

CotterPin said:
(A) last time I looked this was a forum for CYCLISTS
(;) I live and cycle regularly in London whilst you apparently tootle around country lanes so I think I know more about the experience of cycling on major roads than you do and what the impact of PTWs close up to me will be.

You want to discuss the politics of Boris's decision, don't expect a load of nodding dogs on here. Perhaps if you used a variety of transport modes, you might have a broader vision of the problems faced by all (as I do).

LLB

User said:
***Settles down with a cup of coffee to watch Linford making an arse of himself again...***

Given up on the other thread ;)

MERV

User said:
Actually - you're both wrong... pedestrians are the most vulnerable road users. ;)

I was thinking about peds but I actually believe a lot of the time peds can bring it upon themselves.Whereas cyclists and motorcyclists are in some way aware.

CotterPin

linfordlunchbox said:
You want to discuss the politics of Boris's decision, don't expect a load of nodding dogs on here. Perhaps if you used a variety of transport modes, you might have a broader vision of the problems faced by all (as I do).

Its 5 to 4 on a Friday afternoon and funnily enough I am currently at work with deadlines to meet before the bank holiday. Which is why this is only my 200th posting not 1588. When I have a moment I will expand upon why I feel allowing PTWs is a bad move for cyclists. I am afraid it won't be for a few days as I will be spending the weekend riding the bike.

Stephen

MERV

User said:
No problem. Can I nick some of your popcorn? Looks as though Linford's in for a pasting as he makes an arse of himself again... :thumbsup:

Aye i've ordered a lorry load.;)

LLB

tdr1nka said:
Only because if you were able to make any bigger an arse of yourself you would then block out the sun and all life as we know it on this planet would cease to exist?

How do you work that out. There were some outrageous suggestions regarding road safety in the other thread which simply couldn't be substantiated. I put User right regarding the decline of deaths from over 3000, to 1000 over a 40 year period, and he came up with some waffle about ROSPA and the numbers being fiddled :biggrin:

Back to this one anyway. The lanes are already full of buses, they have 'motors' in them as well. I see far more risk from buses than motorcycles. Lets face it Bendy Buses are downright dangerous where cyclists are concerned 'FACT'. The sooner Boris does the right thing and ditches them the better :wacko:

The lanes are full of buses because they are 'bus lanes' linford.
Everything is predictable - not least the length, width and 'normal' speed and manoeuvres of these objects.
Left side, right side, stop on a sixpence things - they do not do. (Don't blow exhaust out at virtually mouth level either - although that's another topic...)
Think what the differences are - not attack positive concerns about individual safety.

LLB

Aperitif said:
The lanes are full of buses because they are 'bus lanes' linford.
Everything is predictable - not least the length, width and 'normal' speed and manoeuvres of these objects.
Left side, right side, stop on a sixpence things - they do not do. (Don't blow exhaust out at virtually mouth level either - although that's another topic...)
Think what the differences are - not attack positive concerns about individual safety.

And this argument applies to Black cabs which use the lanes as well ?

linfordlunchbox said:
And this argument applies to Black cabs which use the lanes as well ?

Yes - sure. They too have a width greater than the 'minimum squeeze' to edge past a slower moving object. And they certainly do not have the pace so to do. Another factor is that they are PUBLIC CARRIAGE VEHICLES - and have a regulatory framework within which to work - not just a deadline or impatient whim...fulfilled by immense acceleration.
Most cyclists who are aware of these 'differentials' try to accomodate all types of transport - I do - but there's always the minority who couldn't give a reciprocal toss.
Is that you? Hope not.

Top Bottom