bus pass.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
In Wales, we can have a bus pass at the grand old age of 60 so I duly got mine as I am well pass 60. Went on the bus this afternoon just to try it out. It is great to go from a to b for free but I won't make a habit of it as it is also boring. The bus followed some of my cycling routes so I could see from high up ( double decker) where I usually go. From Colwyn Bay, I went to Llandudno, Conwy and back to Colwyn Bay. I had to take 3 buses all together. The waiting in between got me down though. Car and bike are much better. Never mind, must use it every now and again if I don't want to lose it.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Mr WD is entitled to a bus pass as well. He is also well past the age he could have gotten it. I agree with you regarding the boring bit. The busses are far and few between here, and he would have to spend more time waiting for a bus than being on it to get from town back home. I think we'll stick to the car for our transport needs.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've had mine for a while now but I rarely use it, I'd much rather use the bike or car, but we did take them to Skegness when we went, parked the car by the caravan when we arrived and only used it once whilst we were there, went everywhere else by bus.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
In Wales, we can have a bus pass at the grand old age of 60 so I duly got mine as I am well pass 60. Went on the bus this afternoon just to try it out. It is great to go from a to b for free but I won't make a habit of it as it is also boring. The bus followed some of my cycling routes so I could see from high up ( double decker) where I usually go. From Colwyn Bay, I went to Llandudno, Conwy and back to Colwyn Bay. I had to take 3 buses all together. The waiting in between got me down though. Car and bike are much better. Never mind, must use it every now and again if I don't want to lose it.

Trouble is we can't use ours in Wales any more & can't use them on Chester's Park&Ride either.

subaqua

What’s the point
We don't get free train travel in Wales.
Rail travel
Where bus services are limited, bus passes can be used on certain train lines. This is open to all free bus pass holders in Wales when travelling on these lines. The scheme is currently funded until 31 March 2017.
The lines covered by the scheme are:

• the Borderlands Line between Wrexham Central and Hawarden Bridge
  • the Conwy Valley Line from Llandudno to Blaenau Ffestiniog
  • the Cambrian Coast Line between Pwllheli and Machynlleth
  • the Heart of Wales Line between Llanelli and Knighton.
The scheme operates year round on the Borderlands and Conwy Valley Lines and during the autumn and winter months on the Heart of Wales and Cambrian Coast Lines.

Further details can be found on Arriva Train Wales (external link).

welsh dragon

Apparently on the cambrian coast, it starts in October 2015 and ends in march 2016. And during term time there will be restrictions.

welsh dragon

Screenshot_2015-04-30-19-15-40.png
I followed your link and this is what I got. Says it will return in October

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm was 62 last October 27th but cannot get my bus pass until May 6th. I'll definitely get it, from the local library, just in case I ever use a bus or the next government stops them post-election..

Top Bottom