Buses Pulling up in front of Cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
RobWard

RobWard

:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:
90% of bus drivers do this and give plenty ofrespect for cyclist.
90% of cyclist do understand what larger vehicles have to contend with on the road and work with us. Its the odd 10% from both sides that keep this long on going argument going.
On a brighter side, Much has improved over the years for both cyclist anddrivers. Its all about education. We are a lot more aware of each other now than we was in the 70's
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

U

User33236

Not many bus drivers cross red lights, do they?
I have many many videos from my commute of buses encroaching the advance stop line, and beyond, on a red traffic light so please don't start me on that subject :tongue:.

Simontm

Veteran
Had a bus driver turn in on me on Friday coming up to Olympia.
Ahead of a bus I take prime in the bus lane but that doesn't deter him. He goes for a normal overtake then realises his bus stop's coming up (or as peeps have said a bell has been run) so instead of letting me go pass promptly starts turning in on me forcing me to brake sharpish and tuck in behind him.

Saying that most bus drivers in London are polite and well trained.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I have many many videos from my commute
Have you considered whether videoing your adventures during your commutes adds to your overall stress levels? Since this videoing is persistent behaviour you must think that, on balance, your life is enhanced by this activity (and reviewing them afterwards - what fun), as opposed to just riding your bike, taking the rough with the smooth, recognising that a few people are poor users of the road and take pleasure that the vast majority are OK.

Last edited:

keithmac

Guru
For the sake of balance, in some cases cyclists are just a' holes who happen to ride bikes. Not many bus drivers cross red lights, do they? Or maybe those riders aren't real cyclists. However riders of bikes are rather less able to cause other people injury, so any misbehaviour has fewer consequences.

I sit at a set of traffic lights on my way home from work and it's very common unfortunately, seen a few "bendy busses" jump reds as well which is even worse..

keithmac

Guru
I've also had it where the bus has taken two bus lengths to pass me then pull straight into a stop, too close for comfort and I normally ride around 15mph so why they deem that appropriate driving is beyond me..

lutonloony

Über Member
Have to say that the TQ bus drivers are in the main pretty considerate to cyclists. Had one following me without overtaking for about 2 miles. Every time he ( or she) caught up was just approaching bus stop, so they would just coast in behind, then catch me up at next bs stop. They are also pretty good at not pulling out in front of cyclists either.

U

User33236

Have you considered whether videoing your adventures during your commutes adds to your overall stress levels? .
Nothing to consider as there are no adventures :smile:. Seldom need to review videos to know what is on them.

That is generally less than once every few months, and only ever if some event gone awry so I can determine what I can learn from it. Occasionally I may be at fault, occasionally it's the driver. No need to stress over it. Ones I can learn from often get saved and unfortunately includes a number of instances of bad driving (and riding) by certain groups as that it a daily occurrence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom