But darling, thats why i need 4 bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
:biggrin::biggrin::angry:;)
Luckily, only a 2 to 3 mile commute for me, but yesterday was a tester :wacko:

Took the Trek hybrid, t'was a bit wet out there. Got going...crikey, i must be cream crackered xx( it seemed hard going.
1/3 of the way....:biggrin: punctured....thats why it was hard going, it was a slowie.
Do i walk to work (yes....no pump, forgot to put it back on last week)..or walk back home and change bikes.

Walked home..got the rebuilt Raleigh out (but the seatpost is undersized and therefore shimmed until i get the right one)

Locked up the shed...climbed on the Raleigh...:smile::angry::angry: seatpost slid straight down. Ironically, i've ridden it on several occasions without any problem.

Unlock the shed, get the Bianchi out, put the Raleigh away and get going again...thankfully without further hinderance.

3 bikes to travel 3 miles.....see, i told you i needed another bike dear :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Excellent! That means I need 5. I expect someone will be along needing 30 soon!;)

biking_fox

Guru
I once read one of those Eco magazines featuring a family in S Wales who lived without a car. 2 parents 3 kids. 30+ Bikes.

They each had several, a commuter, a spare, an off-road, etc etc. Fabulous photo of all of them.

I'm well behind on two bikes. Even the kids have three. Mind you I am softening everyone up for the 3rd bike being a bent ;)

yenrod

Ive a shopper run-around/ATB and a roady bike - Id like an MTB though and a TT bike + another really good roady bike :tongue:

domtyler

Über Member
yenrod said:
Ive a shopper run-around/ATB and a roady bike - Id like an MTB though and a TT bike + another really good roady bike :biggrin:

I want, I want, I want.

Why are kids today so bloody materialistic? :biggrin::biggrin:!:tongue::angry::thumbsup::biggrin:!

I'm working on my 6th bike. SWMBO thinks I only have 4.

I have one sacrificial bike that I'll get rid of if she starts complaining. At the moment though, every time I go down to the cellar I move the frames and the wheels around so that she's never QUITE sure just how many bikes are down there : )

ChrisKH

Guru
Four meself. Commuter (Brommie), back up commuter, hybrid, road bike. Boys have four between them. Wife has one that has been haf-built for a year. I really should fix it. ;)

Top Bottom