Button fallen off a Cateye TL-LD1100 Rear Light / Rear Light Suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey folks,

I'm just wondering, have any of you experienced one of the rubber buttons perishing/falling off of one of Cateye's TL-LD1100 lights?

I've just sent a cheeky message to Cateye, to see if they'll send out some buttons (or replace it), but wondering if this has happened to anyone else or just me.

Otherwise, I'm looking to possibly replace this with a better light now, ideally USB rechargable, so does anyone have any suggestions as to what to go for?
I loved this light, as it allowed one row to be solid and the other to flash randomly, but I'd rather have a solid light which pulses brighter (think Cateye Nima), or like my Lezyne Mega Drive, which has a single light which flashes while the other two are solid.

Thanks all!

swansonj

Guru
Mine is in the process of the rubber bulging out through the hole and has been for a year or two without getting obviously worse.

OP
OP
PlymSlimCyclist

PlymSlimCyclist

Veteran
Mine is in the process of the rubber bulging out through the hole and has been for a year or two without getting obviously worse.
Yeah, that's how mine got. Part of it perished and would poke out, so I'd normally push it back in, but more recently it's come off.
Fingers crossed I can get Cateye to replace, or figure out a bodge job. In the meantime, I'm now looking at a new light.

MistaDee

Hey folks,

I'm just wondering, have any of you experienced one of the rubber buttons perishing/falling off of one of Cateye's TL-LD1100 lights?

I've just sent a cheeky message to Cateye, to see if they'll send out some buttons (or replace it), but wondering if this has happened to anyone else or just me.

You can fix that with sugru mouldable glue. Its waterproof with a rubber texture

https://sugru.com/about

MistaDee

Why have I not heard of this before?!
I love the look and price of it, so roll on payday!!!

It's very good, kinda one use blu-tack. I keep a small pack in my saddle bag, I use it a lot to replace the non slip feet on my Look cleats as its cheaper than having the cleats wear out. I have stuck lights on my bike with it, wraped a little round cables to prevent rubbing on the frame, repaired damaged hoods and more... Its great stuff

Just search YouTube for sugru and sugru hacks, sugru cycling to see what people are doing with it.

Perhaps we could have a sugru hack thread. I would be interested to know your experiences with it

OP
OP
PlymSlimCyclist

PlymSlimCyclist

Veteran
It's very good, kinda one use blu-tack. I keep a small pack in my saddle bag, I use it a lot to replace the non slip feet on my Look cleats as its cheaper than having the cleats wear out. I have stuck lights on my bike with it, wraped a little round cables to prevent rubbing on the frame, repaired damaged hoods and more... Its great stuff

Just search YouTube for sugru and sugru hacks, sugru cycling to see what people are doing with it.

Perhaps we could have a sugru hack thread. I would be interested to know your experiences with it
Been meaning to get back to this for a while, but had many other bits happening.

So!
Bought a pack of 3 in the end. Glad I did, considering two are up next month!

So, bought myself a Garmin Epix, where the buttons constantly caught on clothes, so decided to bodge it, and cover them, using the red Sugru.
I'm regretting scraping off one of the buttons, but it works, and no more catching clothing!

With the (much left over), I decided to finally fix that button, albeit tough to use, it's working, and also made myself a stupid little hook to hold my necklaces and jewellery on my dressing table mirror (since there was still loads left).

Can't think of what to do with the rest though. Have a black and white pack. May use the white on an outdoor tap, to make turning it off and on a bit easier in the winter, and the black, was thinking of making a cable guide for my car, but I know I'll have loads still left over :sad:

Thank you for recommending Sugru, was a great purchase!

Top Bottom