Buying a small 2nd hand motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Ibiza ...sound little polo with much smarter looks, but she will choose i guess..

vickster

Legendary Member
I came to you lot for pointers, not being a car man myself. Of course she has her own views. She wants something fairly cool, fairly reliable and fairly affordable- any ideas Vick?
Yes, as I said a Skoda Fabia, probably get a VRS for the top budget. How old is she, insurance a consideration? Can be 000s for a young driver, you lending her the cash for that too (as part of or on top of budget)

I also said Mini or Fiat 500. A Ford Fiesta?

Anything other than a Corsa, driven by young louts (male and female) who don't wear seatbelts around here at least

Mr Celine

Discordian
I recently paid £4750 for an as new 2014 Fiat 500 1.2, still under warranty, I cannot fault it, it's great fun to drive and it has loads of "charm", very few cars today have any "charm" at all.
Or a Ford Ka which is the same thing, made in the same Polish factory but cheaper to buy. I've had one for a year and it's a huge improvement on the Polo I had before. Celinette #2 also prefers it.

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Yes, as I said a Skoda Fabia, probably get a VRS for the top budget. How old is she, insurance a consideration? Can be 000s for a young driver, you lending her the cash for that too (as part of or on top of budget)

I also said Mini or Fiat 500. A Ford Fiesta?

Anything other than a Corsa, driven by young louts (male and female) who don't wear seatbelts around here at least
She's towards her late 20s. Insurance not an issue.

She's circumspect around fords due to the last one she had being a lemon.

We'll be looking at Seat/VAG, Vauxhall I think.

I'm running a Skoda Fabia as an insurance replacement at the moment. Good little car apart from the engine which is a tinny bollock.

vickster

Legendary Member
She's towards her late 20s. Insurance not an issue.

She's circumspect around fords due to the last one she had being a lemon.

We'll be looking at Seat/VAG, Vauxhall I think.

I'm running a Skoda Fabia as an insurance replacement at the moment. Good little car apart from the engine which is a tinny bollock.
Yes I have the VRS...which isn't ;)

I don't think Vauxhall are German? Aren't they GM?

Would never buy French and the Golf I stupidly bought (to replace one that got stolen) had been in an undeclared smash. Buy from a dealer with warranty if you can, even if it costs a bit more

D

Deleted member 1258

[QUOTE 4615275, member: 45"]Hyundai i10.

No, really.[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm looking at one of these to replace my ancient getz.

Top Bottom