Buying a small 2nd hand motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Small, German, loads of street cred?

vw1.jpg
vw2.jpg
vw3.jpg

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C805455

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The Corolla name remains in North America too - but as you say it's a sedan and about twice the size of the one I have. The Auris doesn't get nearly as good reviews as the Corolla did. Early build quality issues that it hasn't ever fully recovered from.
The interior indeed was plasticy (?) at first , im only involved with the bare metal bits :smile:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Had a Polo for quite a few years now and has been very reliable apart from having to rebuild the front suspension every nine months due to the roads here. Also just got a Toyota Matrix (Corolla with hatch) which seems good so far. Not available in the UK.

Slick

Guru
You can't have everything.

Although to be mildly serious, it could probably be insured on a limited mileage classic policy for about £150.
Not for your average teenager.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4616583, member: 45"]I'm surprised there's any of that still left.[/QUOTE]

I member a friend of mine buying a frog eyed Sprite a long time ago, half of it was papier mache.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Although to be mildly serious, it could probably be insured on a limited mileage classic policy for about £150
For an extra £50 the OP can insure the Corolla for a year, and can do 20k miles in that year if needs be. Oh, assuming he is in his 50's, full no claims, lives in a low risk post code area, clean licence, low risk occupation, etc. etc..

Top Bottom