Buying advice - Specialized Diverge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a 58cm Diverge, coming up to two years old, no issues with it at all. I haven't used it for any true rough stuff but it's been fine for some rideable forest tracks, short cuts across fields, pot-holed lanes, etc wheels are staying true. I don't have toe overlap.

Pretty fast on the road, taking my own limitations into consideration! I suspect it's quite heavy but it doesn't ride that way. I have the basic model with Claris groupset, haven't had any problems with it. The disc brakes need a few rides to bed in but I think that's normal.

I fitted 35mm tyres six months ago, it's the widest it can take, just because I like 'em. It'll take racks and mudguards although I don't use a rack and mudguards can be a faff I think, they recommend Specialized own brand, so I just use... I forget the name of them... clip-on something or other(??) like a mountain bike mudguard on the rear, fastens on the seat post...

Nice looking bikes too, I think, stealth matt black finish; it looks like a bike to take you places, and it does!

Julia9054

Guru
Interesting you don't have toe overlap. Just down to me being a short arse then!

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
I think it would have been nice if Evans had given the bike a once over with a rag before they handed the bike over but if they were quite obviously busy I could forgive them, bikes gonna get dirty anyway. I've got a matt grey frame and it was dirty about 5 seconds after I unboxed it.

GOAB

Poor service IMO and you are right to be unhappy. IMO i wouldn't class Evans as a proper bike shop though. They exist to pump out bike sales.
Finding a good LBS is getting harder and harder though.

Top Bottom