Buying advice - Specialized Diverge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TGG

Hello All,

I've just bought a new Specialized Diverge, and whilst the bike is great, the assembly is disturbing.

If you are thinking of buying yourself or your kids a new bike for Christmas, literally check everything on it before it leaves the store (regardless of where you buy it). Don't assume that some "qualified" technician has properly built and safety checked it. You should check everything, or if you don't know much about bikes, borrow someone that does!

My experience is not a good one:

http://thegasgranny5.wixsite.com/badevans

Good luck!

TGG.

Drago

Legendary Member
I wish my life was so empty that I had time to create a web page detailing items of such little consequence.

vickster

Legendary Member
Did you allow them to rectify before spending all that time on your blog?

I'm not sure many bike shops actually builds the bikes to that extent. I thought they arrive assembled and boxed from the manufacturer, albeit with handlebars askew, possibly wheels and saddle off?

OP
OP
T

TGG

:blush:

My point is, no matter where you buy a bike from, check it thoroughly before you get it home. Evans don't want anything to do with it now I've made the proper adjustments because I may have damaged it. Wtf.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I bet Evans are gutted.

Might the "oily hand-prints" be grease from the chickens on the gears?

When i bought a bike from Evans 3 years ago, nothing was too much trouble. This was the one at Manchester Velodrome.

If I found evidence of incorrect cable rounting, I'd be livid. As for finding birds clagging up my front mech and brakes, well I'd be incandescent with rage.

Top Bottom