Buying an item you owned when you were younger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought a vintage David Brown tractor when I was 15 - my Mum had just died and I was given some money from a will/insurance or something. I set about restoring it but then had to sell it when my Dad sold our house (we had a massive house and garden with lots of out buildings) and moved in to somewhere smaller.

Even after 30 years it still feels like unfinished business and I know I'll end up buying one again.

gary r

Guru
i went into a skateboard shop and bought the board i wanted,as a kid i drooled over skateboard magazines and kryptonic wheels were £7 each in 1978 ! i know id never ride it much as a 40 yr old but i had to have it,My son uses it now,so its not money wasted

ChrisKH

Guru
i went into a skateboard shop and bought the board i wanted,as a kid i drooled over skateboard magazines and kryptonic wheels were £7 each in 1978 ! i know id never ride it much as a 40 yr old but i had to have it,My son uses it now,so its not money wasted

*cough* Bought a Kryptonic ready made last Xmas, so I'm with you there *cough*

Kids were amazed I could still ride a ramp. As was I (nothing too hard tho')

I'm lucky; I did actually have a Stacey Peralta rocker board, gold plated ACS651's and green Kryptonic 65mm wheels when I was 15.

I loved that board.

gary r

Guru
*cough* Bought a Kryptonic ready made last Xmas, so I'm with you there *cough*

Kids were amazed I could still ride a ramp. As was I (nothing too hard tho')

I'm lucky; I did actually have a Stacey Peralta rocker board, gold plated ACS651's and green Kryptonic 65mm wheels when I was 15.

I loved that board.

i had a benjyboard whitelightning tracker trucks & yoyo wheels! i remember the stacy peralta rocker board.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Oh oh! was that the orange cover, with the drawing of the horse on it? I had that, loved it. In fact I'm fairly sure my Mum still has it at home somewhere.

A friend and I clubbed together and bought the game Mousetrap, when we were both about 25. I'd played with it (borrowed from our downstairs neighbours, we never owned it ourselves) the day my sister was born. I was five, and most annoyed to have to leave it and go to visit Mum in hospital.
That's the one!

Top Bottom