Buying new pedals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Suddabym

Are there any decent cheap pedals that are clipless one side and flat for normal riding on the other ? If so which ones are decent please ?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Shimano M324 pedals

mynydd

Veteran
Agree ^ been using M324’s daily on my commuter for 5 years now, heavy but still working perfectly

mynydd

Veteran
The cleats should come with the pedals. Then just attach to the shoes of your choice, the cleats are 2 bolted as stated above. Shoes with recessed cleats (mountain bike) are good, as you can walk normally in them

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

For using clipless with M324 you want two bolt spd shoes. Non clipless whatever you are wearing.
thanks I understand now :-)

vickster

Legendary Member
My experience of a Boardman SPD pedal was very poor. It basically fell apart when I tried to adjust the tension. Immediately changed to my usual choice of M520

I’m not a fan of single sided, worst of both worlds for me. The clip is a pain to use as it’s never the right way up and the cage is either too small and a funny shape and the clip in bit digs in as again the pedal is never the right way up! I only ever clip in on the bike. If I need other shoes for off the bike, I just stick them in the panniers.

Top Bottom