Buying new pedals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

My experience of a Boardman SPD pedal was very poor. It basically fell apart when I tried to adjust the tension. Immediately changed to my usual choice of M520

I’m not a fan of single sided, worst of both worlds for me. The clip is a pain to use as it’s never the right way up and the cage is either too small and a funny shape and the clip in bit digs in as again the pedal is never the right way up! I only ever clip in on the bike. If I need other shoes for off the bike, I just stick them in the panniers.
appreciate the feedback thank you

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

going for the m520 mtb thank you all for your input :-)

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

Attachments

• CAB2804E-7583-42AF-B48F-6DF505F76067.png
    CAB2804E-7583-42AF-B48F-6DF505F76067.png
    47 KB · Views: 29

vickster

Legendary Member
Should be here in a few days just need to look for some shoes now thanks again
Any shoes you’d recommend ?
Ones that fit. Go to a couple of bike shops.
Any 2 bolt MTB/ touring shoe. Cycling shoe fit is a dark art but usually you’ll need to size up from your trainer size

12boy

Guru
I like 2 pair, one I can wear with light socks in the summer and one way larger I can wear with heavy socks for cold days. Mine are both shimano mtn bike shoes , one 10 years old the other closer to 20. For some reason the little General likes me to keep them outside....something about ripeness.

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

I like 2 pair, one I can wear with light socks in the summer and one way larger I can wear with heavy socks for cold days. Mine are both shimano mtn bike shoes , one 10 years old the other closer to 20. For some reason the little General likes me to keep them outside....something about ripeness.
I’m not surprised after 20 years of cycling in them haha

Top Bottom