Buying Shares

Notafettler

Timing the market is trading.
Changing a portfolio is changing your risk strategy, not trading, or indeed timing the markets.

Portfolios are made up of equity plus gilts, bonds, gold cash etc etc. You can choose your mix.

As for the rest, google it.
Why would you change your risk strategy? Think the equity markets going to go down?
Move more into gold because of the latter?

Brads

What are you talking about ?

I would suggest you get some professional advise before doing anything with money because you don't really seem to have a grasp of investing.

Moodyman

Guru
Why would you change your risk strategy? Think the equity markets going to go down?
Move more into gold because of the latter?
There are all sorts of reasons to change one's portfolio split e.g. 'lifestyling' because one may wish to reduce exposure to equities and increase in bonds as one nears the retirement age.

Whilst bonds have a lower return long term, they are safer option and so, someone who wishes to protect their equity gains may move some of the holding to this 'defensive' option.

Notafettler

What are you talking about ?

I would suggest you get some professional advise before doing anything with money because you don't really seem to have a grasp of investing.
You need to read my posts. I have more grasp on investing than you will ever have.

Notafettler

There are all sorts of reasons to change one's portfolio split e.g. 'lifestyling' because one may wish to reduce exposure to equities and increase in bonds as one nears the retirement age.

Whilst bonds have a lower return long term, they are safer option and so, someone who wishes to protect their equity gains may move some of the holding to this 'defensive' option.
My personal choice would be dividend bias investment trusts. Ones with a good dividend reserve to get them through hard times. Funds etfs have to give all their income to investors. Possibly some bonds.....in a different era. Not now as you will get bugger all in terms of interest. AND we are in what Warren buffet would call a "unknown unknown " as opposed to a "known unknown". Lots of bonds have fallen dramatically in price/value. Due to expected default. Of course this is because I have the benefit of hindsight!!!
And luck!!

Roger Longbottom

I through 3k at Lloyds today, best part of 9k shares, couldn't leave them there at the price, they can keep all the rest of theirs I have company until times get better.

Chairman has said "He will honour missed dividends", yeah right!

Top Bottom