By gad Curuthers, the heat the dust the flies....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Ok not much dust or flies, but plenty heat.
Multiple 30C plus days, And 20C plus nights is starting to take its toll. Poor sleep is building-up to a state of temperature induced lethargy.
Couldn’t raise the enthusiasm for an early bike ride or swim this morning!

When will we be delivered from this madness?
Should I break out the Malaria and Salt tabs and increase my gin and tonic consumption?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Ahhhhh.. Tomorrow will be better 🏖️

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The heat is where you are. For the last two months the north of England has had pretty much continuous grey skies whilst the south bagged a lot of sunshine and seen forecasts, papers and people going on about it.

Long may the current weather continue.

Drago

Legendary Member
The temp and humidity reminds my of my 3 month tour on Gib, although even on calm days the morning and evening land/sea breezes gave so relief that we're not enjoying here.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The days around where we are now are often the hottest of the year and get close to records.

The second half of august and first half of september is not so and after that it's rapidly downhill. Might be it by the end of the week.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm escaping at lunch to our caravan on N Wales coast - it's cooler there. Taking works laptop as still have work this afternoon and tomorrow am, then I'm off for a couple of days. Bikes coming too !

Some roads round here were almost impassable yesterday morning after Monday night's rain ran a load of detritus off the fields.

Thanet? Says it all.

Top Bottom