By gad Curuthers, the heat the dust the flies....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GetFatty

Über Member
I seem to be doing ok. Sleeping pretty well, working in the office at home is a bit warm but got the fan on to cope with it.

Anyways I've got a pool arriving in the next couple of days so soon you'll be complaining about freezing fog.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
went out for a ride just after 9 am , it was 25 c already and 28 when i got back , i had planned to do the club chain gang tonight but pulled out as i was drenched already and i want even pushing it that hard .

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I'll tell you this, the next drink I have's gonna be a lager. Ice cold. There's a little bar in Alex with a marble top counter and high stools. They serve the best beer in all the middle east. When we get through with this lot I'm gonna buy you one. I'll buy you all one.
if i have to push that lorry up the hill again you owe me a crate

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I had a cold bath the other day. It was quite unpleasant and once I got out, I soon got hot again. It reminded me not to jump in the river, although it looks tempting.

D

Deleted member 1258

the wind on the other hand ...

The wind this morning was hot, not what I'm used to, on this mornings ride I rode easy and rode a very slow, even for me, ride.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I'll tell you this, the next drink I have's gonna be a lager. Ice cold. There's a little bar in Alex with a marble top counter and high stools. They serve the best beer in all the middle east. When we get through with this lot I'm gonna buy you one. I'll buy you all one.

Imagine going through all that and then finding the only beer they have is Carlsberg! :laugh:

On a serious note, I reckon we're in that run of half a dozen or so days we get every year that has me thinking I must buy an air conditioner. As opposed to the other 350-odd days when I don't.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The wind this morning was hot, not what I'm used to, on this mornings ride I rode easy and rode a very slow, even for me, ride.
I nipped over to Hebden Bridge on my bike yesterday to drop off a 1 kg bag of fertiliser for a friend. It is 7.6 km and I took 19 minutes, so I only averaged 24 kph (15 mph) but when I got there my pal was aghast at how much sweat was pouring off me. There was very warm wind blowing, but it was the humidity that caused the problem. I'm just waiting for things to cool off today and for the humidity to drop before nipping out for an hour or so. I have another little killer dead-end hill to check out, which includes a 340 metre long ramp at a steady 18%!

If I don't post anything else by tomorrow evening, send out a search party! :laugh:

PS I survived... Bloody hot, and the 'steady 340 metres at 18%' actually turned out to be 145 metres averaging about 14% (to lull me into a false sense of security!) followed round a bend by a startling 195 metres at 19.5%. I'm getting too old for this malarkey! :laugh:

Last edited:

gavgav

Guru
I enjoy summer heat, but currently sat outside in what must be the muggiest heat ever experienced in this country. We had a big storm last night, with constant lightning that I’ve never seen anything like before and I can hear thunder rumbling in the distance again now. Some fresher air would be welcome

Top Bottom