By gad Curuthers, the heat the dust the flies....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
Thunderstorm and rain in Worcester, but still muggy and hot, 😢

potsy

Rambler
Here in Cheshire we were promised thunderstorms all afternoon, not a sight of them.

Been warm, horribly muggy, and will be another warm night to try to sleep in, have had a fan on in the bedroom the last two nights, I never do that!

AndreaJ

Veteran
Thunder, lightning, rain and wind in North Shropshire now after another hot day. I had what seemed like a good idea to strip some wallpaper today, it really wasn’t a good idea way too hot and muggy.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Ticketty Boo Fabbers!
:smooch:

Hellloooooo

Drago

Legendary Member
What has been seen, can never be unseen.

gavgav

Guru
A monumental thunderstorm in Shrewsbury, since about 8pm. Went as dark as night, then kaboom, constant (every 2 or seconds) sheet and fork lightning, torrential rain, wind, thunder claps that make you jump out of your skin. Still pouring down now but thunder and lightning seem to have gone.....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
For those of you who haven't seen it before, take a look at LightningMaps! It is fun watching what is going on.

I have focused that on an area of the UK where there is currently still some action going on. Earlier, the Midlands looked like a warzone!

One time I was looking at the map and I saw almost simultaneous lightning strikes on 2 hillsides about 10 kms from here. I watched the thunder shockwaves on the map approaching Todmorden and exactly when predicted ... KABOOM-KABOOM!

This is a screenshot that I took after postponing a forum ride over some big climbs...

Forest of Bowland lightning strikes.jpg

We would have been right up in that lot at the time!! :eek:

Top Bottom