Cabriolets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
That is one of the fears of owning one.​

D

Deleted member 26715

D

Deleted member 26715

I still want one of these, just hear the engine at full tilt (again) .... it's been too long
View attachment 550437
If only it had a roof

MarkF

Guru
I've had this 2 years now, it was a now or never purchase as the MK1 prices started to take off, it's great in summer time but it's a harsh, noisy & rattly ride unless you are on good surface, then it's like the best go-kart ever. I hope to do a big euro tour next year and the year after it'll go my my daughter when she graduates.:okay:

I don't like the Mini, it's proportions are all wrong, as are most metal topped convertibles, many look plain daft. I do like "proper" convertibles and like the look of the Vauxhall Cascada and think with the "right" badge it would have been a success.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Saying goodbye to my 2008 CC3 next month, and will definitely miss it when it goes. :sad: HUGE boot swallowed all my work kit, and ferried me around the country as the main work car for a couple of years. Unlike other cars I've had, I kept it rather than traded it in - just for fun days out (high mileage and age depreciation meant it hasn't lost much value over the last few years anyway). As you found, being a Ford Focus, it wasn't an unpleasant drive. And more fun than the standard hatchbacks. Ford had a really bad time with its reputation to leak - but thankfully I got one of the good ones, and only ever got wet when opening the door.

My daughter's currently got it to drive for a week as a "reward" for getting an A* in her Sociology (she got the A* grade even before last month's Government U-turn on grades). A promise is a promise :rolleyes:

Heated seats made a difference. Business trip, Yorkshire 2010.

View attachment 546577

The boot was a decent size, even with the top down I could get my Brompton and an overnight bag in it.

Usable all the year round, as you say.

Heated seats, air con, and Ford's excellent heated front window.

I had the two litre diesel remapped.

Worked well, it was a little bit perkier, but still driveable, and fuel economy improved by a couple of mpg.

The owner of the Ford dealership delivered it to me once after a service.

"That one goes well," she said.

I would have kept it a bit longer, but I was finding the manual clutch increasingly hard work.

It was never light, but seemed to get harder - or my left leg got weaker.

There's no convertible version of the latest Focus.

I suspect development and manufacturing costs would be too high for the number they would sell.

It's possible the CC never made Ford any money.

Brads

I have a straight 6 petrol BMW Z4.

Quite like it. I usually have a coupe, but have had a couple of convertibles as well and they can be nice cars to own.

Selling it though as I want a new Motorbike.

Top Bottom