Cabriolets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brads

I already have loads of bikes though lol.

Want the new Z900RS, just need to extra on top of my trade in so have to get that from somewhere. Horse trading when it comes to getting more bikes as I can't justify any of them to the missus lol.

Chris S

Legendary Member
To me,this just doesn't look right.:thumbsdown:
View attachment 545847
It looks like a Barbie toy.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
What do people use to reproof their canvas ?
A pricy car product or a cheaper camping proofer ?

I used to use Fabsil on my MX5. Fabsil Gold it's cheap and works really well. I used to scub it first with a fairly stiff brush, using Nikwax Tech Wash in a bowl with water to clean it first. Just because I had this lying around and I know it's pure soap. Then rinse it, let it dry before brushing fabsil on the hood.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Happy MX5 owner here. A little bit awkward with twins, but when I’m on my own or with the fly it’s brilliant. Even an overcast day like this afternoon it’s worth putting the top down to get rid of that closed-in feeling.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
We love our new E Class Cabriolet, however just become a bit unstuck in a supermarket parking space. It’s pretty low slung this car and it’s caught a kerb :whistle:. No me driving of course:angel: . However the bumper has been shoved a bit and it’s not quite lined up along the wing:cry: will see what I can do with it when I get home , it’s not a disaster but a couple of mm out of line and I can see it so that’s annoying. We will now be reverse parking into any space with a kerb !!

sheddy

Legendary Member
Fabsil Gold ordered - thanks

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
We love our new E Class Cabriolet, however just become a bit unstuck in a supermarket parking space. It’s pretty low slung this car and it’s caught a kerb :whistle:. No me driving of course:angel: . However the bumper has been shoved a bit and it’s not quite lined up along the wing:cry: will see what I can do with it when I get home , it’s not a disaster but a couple of mm out of line and I can see it so that’s annoying. We will now be reverse parking into any space with a kerb !!

ok unscrewed front bumper on near side, had popped out at the front which explains why it I had a big gap where it met the front wing. All closed up now, a wee bit out of shape underneath but no big deal.

Drago

Legendary Member
Although theres lots of overlap and some interchangeability of their terms in recent years, cabriolets take their name from a type of french horse carriage with a folding fabric canopy and 2 seats. Therefore, if your car has a folding fabric roof its a cabriolet.

Oddly though, if your soft top is a two door then its a roadster, not a cab.

The term convertible originates with the folding metal roofed behemoths that the US car industry started producing in the 50's. They convert from a solid roof to an open top. Simple really, so if your motor has folding solid top its a true convertible.

Alas, since the 80's the terms are often muddled and used interchangeably, and allmconsistency has been lost due to sloppy use of language and manufacturers trying to big up their products tomsound better than they are.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
@Accy cyclist, if you want it, go for it!

Life is too short, enjoy it while you can.

We bought this, when I was 50, kept it for 4 years. We are both now 73.

SIMG003981.jpg

I used it as my "main" car, travelling to work in various parts of UK.

We had a matching hard-top, for the winter months.

We travelled a lot of mainland Europe in it for holidays, Portugal, Spain, France, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy.

As well. as being great fun, it was totally reliable.

The occasion my wife remembers most fondly(?) is travelling back from Florence, Italy, with 90 bottles of wine packed around her seat.

It was, in many peoples view a complete waste of money, but, we had a blast, absolutely no regrets!

I traded it for a, more sensible, BMW 320D saloon, not a wise decision, most boring car I have ever owned, and, one of the most unreliable.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
@Accy cyclist, if you want it, go for it!

Life is too short, enjoy it while you can.

We bought this, when I was 50, kept it for 4 years. We are both now 73.

View attachment 553429

I used it as my "main" car, travelling to work in various parts of UK.

We had a matching hard-top, for the winter months.

We travelled a lot of mainland Europe in it for holidays, Portugal, Spain, France, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy.

As well. as being great fun, it was totally reliable.

The occasion my wife remembers most fondly(?) is travelling back from Florence, Italy, with 90 bottles of wine packed around her seat.

It was, in many peoples view a complete waste of money, but, we had a blast, absolutely no regrets!

I traded it for a, more sensible, BMW 320D saloon, not a wise decision, most boring car I have ever owned, and, one of the most unreliable.
As with many things i was only toying with the idea of buying one. I wouldn't buy one now that we're in autumn. Besides,both the Minis must've been sold as they disappeared late last month. :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom