Cadel Evans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Quote from the BBC cycling section:

'When you have the 10 best bike riders in the world behind your wheel and you have a two-minute gap to close on one of the best climbers in the world, it's not any situation to be in,' Evans said.

Since when was he at the front, dragging the others along?

yello

Dayvo said:
Since when was he at the front, dragging the others along?

For around the last 2 or 3 km today... a bit late in the day, it's true, but none-the-less he was giving it a go.

girofan

The Aussie sulky boy should win the TdF simply because CSC DS Riis was not bold enough in his attack with Sastre. He needed more than the 2.15 gained on Evans to have a chance in the time trial!
If the attack had been made on the previous climb close to the summit, the Schleck bros. could have sat on Evans who would have been forced to chase sooner and tired earlier. Even if Sastre had been caught Frank Schleck could have countered and gained minutes on Evans, but perhaps Riis is now on a different drug to EPO, one that clouds his judgement!!

Noodley

Is there a spoiler in here? I am posting blind as I do not know the result from today yet...I'm interested in how the thread is developing but there may be a spoiler.

Can someone post yes or no, then I can just skip to last post please...

Noodley said:
Is there a spoiler in here? I am posting blind as I do not know the result from today yet...I'm interested in how the thread is developing but there may be a spoiler.

Can someone post yes or no, then I can just skip to last post please...
SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'zat clear enough Noodles? :smile:

Noodley

Chuffy said:
No problem, I'd hate you to find out that McEwan won by five minutes.

Oops....B):blush:

Yes very good B)

Okay, how's this for a guess?

Breakaway over Galibier, with Sandy Casar and one other FdeJ rider i the break. Group of 25-30 chasing them down and catching before d'Huez. CSC have both Schlecks, Sastre, and Voigt. Evans has nobody. Valverde looks good. The "other" contenders are there as well....

...then on d'Huez Frank and Andy leave everyone else for dead and hold hands as they cross the line together, 3 or 4 minutes ahead of everyone else.

And I'm only looking at replies from Chuffy....:smile:

Actually, I'm dicing with stupidity. No more looking at this thread 'til I've seen the highlights.

Noodley said:
Breakaway over Galibier, with Sandy Casar and one other FdeJ rider i the break. Group of 25-30 chasing them down and catching before d'Huez. CSC have both Schlecks, Sastre, and Voigt. Evans has nobody. Valverde looks good. The "other" contenders are there as well....

...then on d'Huez Frank and Andy leave everyone else for dead and hold hands as they cross the line together, 3 or 4 minutes ahead of everyone else.
How long have you been following pro cycling?:smile:

Top Bottom