Cadel Evans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
paintfly said:
Absolutely, I was convinced he was gay, until they mentioned his wife and kids :biggrin:

Shows how much our stereotypes are often misleading... and if he was gay, what difference would it make anyway? :ohmy:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I don't like Cadel's public persona much, but at least he has one and - McEwan, Cav and Voight aside - there aren't many in the peloton who seem to have any kind of personality at all.

wafflycat

paintfly said:
Absolutely, I was convinced he was gay, until they mentioned his wife and kids :blush:

Apart from the fact that it matters not one jot if someone is gay, what makes you think that because a bloke is married with kids, he is automatically not gay?

Tetedelacourse

Obviously nothing is certain, but wife and kids usually indicates something about sexual preferences. Do you disagree?

Although I do agree it has no bearing whatsoever on anything!

wafflycat

Tetedelacourse said:
Obviously nothing is certain, but wife and kids usually indicates something about sexual preferences. Do you disagree?

Sort of... there's plenty of gay folk who have married, had kids... remember it's only fairly recently here in the UK at least that it's been socially acceptable (and only legally acceptable for a bit longer) to be openly gay. For years and years, gay folk effectively *had* to be 'in the closet'. We may well be far more tolerant these days but it's not that long ago when being outed as gay meant loss of job, loss of family, loss of social posisiton... all sorts of bad stuff. And in many countries it still is like that, and I expect there's areas of UK life where it still is too. It'll be a good day when it really doesn't matter one jot if someone is gay, straight, bi... in any area of life.

Tetedelacourse

wafflycat said:
Sort of... there's plenty of gay folk who have married, had kids... remember it's only fairly recently here in the UK at least that it's been socially acceptable (and only legally acceptable for a bit longer) to be openly gay. For years and years, gay folk effectively *had* to be 'in the closet'. We may well be far more tolerant these days but it's not that long ago when being outed as gay meant loss of job, loss of family, loss of social posisiton... all sorts of bad stuff. And in many countries it still is like that, and I expect there's areas of UK life where it still is too. It'll be a good day when it really doesn't matter one jot if someone is gay, straight, bi... in any area of life.

Whilst I agree with all of the above, is it not reasonable to assume that there are many more who are not gay? Hence a good indication of sexual preference?

We're possibly off on a tangent here! :blush:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
This is rather a pointless discussion isn't it?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Tetedelacourse said:
eh, no. I was arguing a point with Waffly and observed that the point doesn't really belong in Race.

Not same as saying it's pointless.

So, d'ya want an argument about whether the argument is pointless now? eh? eh? ;)

Tetedelacourse

Flying_Monkey said:
So, d'ya want an argument about whether the argument is pointless now? eh? eh? ;)

Needless to say, if you and I were married, I would argue until bedtime.:biggrin:
And despite my love for you, I'd still maintain that marriage and kids is indicative of my heterosexuality.:biggrin::becool:

Top Bottom