Cafe Lock recommendations ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'm using one of those Litelok wearables atm. It is wearable, fairly light, and flawed as a design but the visual deterent element is working thus far. But you'd look a bit daft wearing it on a Sunday Club run.

That said @User10571 told me about TiGr and showed me his, and he knows his shoot, and I trust his judgement. One is now on the shopping list.

Last edited:
May I ask, whats TiGr?
Either
TIGR, an abbreviation for Trst, Istra, Gorica and Reka, full name Revolutionary Organization of the Julian March T.I.G.R., was a militant anti-fascist and insurgent organization established as a response ..

Or perhaps https://www.tigrlock.com/

Ah, I saw a mini TiGr in the wild and wondered what it was.

Last edited:
Did it have a bike attached to it?

As a cafe lock praps, not as it's shown used in their vid - bike put in a street stand, chap walks away to enjoy his day. But perhaps not afternoon.

vickster

Legendary Member
Did it have a bike attached to it?

As a cafe lock praps, not as it's shown used in their vid - bike put in a street stand, chap walks away to enjoy his day. But perhaps not afternoon.
If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was attaching a bike to a stand outside John Lewis in Kingston @jefmcg ?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Ah, I saw a mini TiGr in the wild and wondered what it was.
Specifically the mini in this instance.
TiGr-mini_specs_REDDOT.900x500.jpg

mm

hope the person was nearby if it was locked like that with that as the only lock.

Reactions: mjr

vickster

Legendary Member
Lots of people in Kingston use cables so that’s a step beyond. I doubt it’s any worse than a sub £10 D Lock. It’s a pretty busy rack.
The MAMILs don’t stop or hang their bikes while shopping in Sigma

Crankarm

Guru
If you value keeping your bike never ever use a cable lock of any sort. I see so many of them cut in Cambridge. It takes thieves less than a second if that to cut through them. D-lock every time and even then there are D-locks and there are D-locks.

Agree with you crankarm. I have a rather expensive cable lock but still don't trust it. I think any cable lock screams "snip me" to a potential thief. I think even the cheapest D lock is preferable. Cable locks are ok for cafe locks though if the bike is in sight.

Top Bottom