Cake Stops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carwash

Señor Member
As far as I can tell, it tends to be, "Wherever there is cake to be had."

Mr Phoebus

The Templar Hall at Temple Balsall, Solihull on a Sunday is ;)
Large piece of freshly made cake and a pot of tea for £1.50. :wacko::ohmy::ohmy::tongue::tongue::tongue:

OP
OP
ACS

ACS

Legendary Member
So am I correct in assuming that members of the cycling fraternity who know about these “Cake stops” keep them a secret to stop others getting there before them, ensuring that they always get the tastiest morsels.

Bigtallfatbloke

what is it with cyclists and cake??! I like cake as much as the next but if anything I eat it less now I am a cyclist. I never stop on my rides for cake...or tea or anything else really...except on a tour when I will stop to rest and stuff...but i still wont eat cake. If it's a LONG ride then I will carry a packet of those dextrosol tabs for emergency bonk prevention other than that it's just normal eating...

...without cake...except on birthdays .

Mr Phoebus

Bigtallfatbloke said:
what is it with cyclists and cake??! I like cake as much as the next but if anything I eat it less now I am a cyclist. I never stop on my rides for cake...or tea or anything else really..

A large 'gasp' erupts from the wizened CTC crowd. :angry:

Wolf04

Uncle Mort said:
Where is the cake stop?

Wherever a young mother is ignorant of what to feed her baby, wherever nacho penetration is less than total, wherever a Bavarian is not quite full, that's where you'll find...a cake stop.

Stuff a pretzel in their snackhole but watch out for the Yakuza

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Some of those places were top secret.......in the late 80's

We used to stop at a Farm near Flash (Off Axe Edge - Buxton). Was run by a little old lady, had her front room with just bench tables in - got maybe 20 cyclists or more in a tiny room, more outside. Beans on Toast, Tea and cake for about £2.50 - magic. Once EU catering rules came in they had to stop, but we found another farm a bit further up that sold stuff, but it was off the main road, and we were told they weren't supposed to cook us lunch etc...hmm beans on toast - what will I catch.

Lots of these places closed down.......

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
It's not that cyclists like stopping for cake, rather that it is a legal requirement under the 1907 Cake Stop (Cyclists) Act. We are merely complying with our legal obligations.

Top Bottom