Calderdale Road Closures etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
A few local closures that I've noticed recently and passed in the last couple of days.

Lee Wood Road (Hebden Bridge to Heptonstall): Still officially closed but completely passable, including by cars and farmer's tractors, so don't treat it as a closed road.

Scout Road (Mytholmroyd to Sowerby Bridge): Closed and has concrete barriers preventing vehicular access. Fortunately low enough to lift the bike over. I'm guessing this is closed due to a rapid reassesment of roads across steep slopes following the Lee Wood Road incident.

Baitings Gate Road (over Baitings reservoir): Closed and also blocked off with concrete barriers. Apparently the bridge is unsafe. Again passable with some cyclocross style shouldering.

And the good news: No traffic lights outside Todmorden Morrisons anymore! Hooray! Now fully appreciate the whole width of dismal cratered road surface at your leisure!

sackville d

Veteran
I`m loving Scout Rd being shut atm .Its bliss riding up there care free ,apart from the dog mess!

Lee Wood Rd ,again,such lovelyness.Went up there on Sunday and noticed two BSA Mcycle riders turning around , thinking it was closed. I tried to indicate it was passable,(with care obviously) but they didn`t quite get the message.Hand signals whilst going up Heptonstall Rd are not my forte apparently
To be honest,I wouldn`t have passed this info on to 4 wheel motorists,the road is closed after all:blush:

Batings Gate Rd, another chance to go where boxes cannot.A ride is always improved by having to get off and carry a couple of yards I recon:thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Lee Wood Rd:

lee-wood-road-update.jpg

Scout Road - link. The H&S issue is that Scout Road tip has asbestos waste buried in it and the council are concerned at the risk of this being exposed.

Top Bottom