Callander Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Anyone else doing this?

I've never done a sportive, my longest cycle being 52 miles, so not sure whether to do the medium (54) or the long (87).

Despite my inexperience and lack of real fitness, I'm tempted by the challenge of the 87 miles :bicycle::wacko:

Dibs

Veteran
Anyone else doing this?

I've never done a sportive, my longest cycle being 52 miles, so not sure whether to do the medium (54) or the long (87).

Despite my inexperience and lack of real fitness, I'm tempted by the challenge of the 87 miles :bicycle::wacko:

Go for it... :thumbsup:

I'll be there doing my first one as well, can team up of it suits!

:bicycle:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Cool. Talked my friend into it as well, so we need to get out on longer cycles soon to start the prep.

We can do this!!

Rasmus

Without a clever title
It's a cracking route, hopefully you'll get good weather on the day to fully enjoy it.

Pretty tough, so be mindful of not setting off too fast. The road alongside Loch Katrine is a leg killer with constant short sharp climbs, and the climb up from Arnprior is a lot tougher than it looks.

Remember to enjoy the views along the way, it's stunning scenery around the Trossachs on a nice day.

Somebuddy

Über Member
@CC2014 have you registered. I'm like yourself, fancy trying sportives next year. I've done 88 miles before but took 12 hours to do it. Did you go for the 87. I'm gonna go for it...............now! Argh

Somebuddy

Über Member
I'm in. 87 miles. Help!

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Ha ha I'm in too, the 87 miles.

Longest so far was a charity cycle of 52 miles with loads of stops , a mixture of adults and children, that set off about 9am and got back about 3.30pm. So a fairly relaxing start to my long distance cycle career.

Think this one may be a bit more challenging!

On the plus side, clipless pedals and shoes arrived this morning as well as some overshoes for winter training.

No pain no gain!

Top Bottom