1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all helmet camera wearers

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by magnatom, 8 May 2008.

1. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Guys, I have been having a chat with a freelance reporter (one that I know is very cycle friendly and has had some good outdoorsy articles published) and she is very keen to do an article on cyclists who use helmet cameras.

She is wanting to do some case studies (yours truly might be one of them :biggrin:). So I am wondering if anyone here might be interested in helping out. Ideally she is looking for someone from Edinburgh (is there an Edinburgh helmet camera cyclist on here, I'm sure there is a few..) and two cyclists from down south (one from London if possible.

I think actioncameras (al la Paul from loop communications) will be involved as well.

I think this could be a very positive article, so go on, you know you want to.:biggrin:

PM me if you are interested and I will provide you with more information and pass on your details if you agree.

2. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

I'm up for it.

3. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

I thought you might be! :biggrin: PM me your e-mail and I will give you more info and pass on your details.

4. MERV

MERV New Member

Me if needed but need a better cam first.

5. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

Are you from London as well Merv? If so you might have been beaten to it my Mike, although if you pass your details on to me via PM I will pass your details on as well.

Not sure if we want a gutter cyclist in the article though....:biggrin::biggrin:

(Just to confirm that was a joke!!)

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Never mind that, is your action cameras guy going to be doing any special deals given the amount of publicity he's getting from you?

7. Jaded

Jaded New Member

All I can give you is footage of quiet country paths.

8. Plax

Plax Veteran

I don't have a camera, but if somebody wants to post me one I'm quite happy to film in North West Wales :biggrin:
    Would probably be a bit boring though, but I could spice it up with a few camera shots at sheep and cows.

9. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

I'm in Edinburgh and have a camera, but haven't used it yet as the new helmet comes down too far on the head for the headband to work.

I'll need to get a helmet attachment.

10. gambatte

gambatte Middle of the pack...

What kind of sheep?:biggrin:

You got any pictures already?

IGMC:wacko:

11. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

Mmmm, there is a story there, but that is for another day.....

If anyone feels I deserve a special deal, or in fact a free helmet camera, feel free to e-mail actioncameras.......:biggrin:

To sweeten the deal I would raffle my current helmet camera like I did before, for charity, if a new helmet camera was to fall on my lap......:ohmy:

12. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

Mmmm, filming sheep, with a helmet camera, mmmmmm, I'm sure there is a joke there...:ohmy:

13. OP
    OP
    magnatom

magnatom Guest

So we have Bentmikey and Merv (possibly, no PM yet) on board, anyone else?

Edinburgh would be great and somewhere else down south....

14. gambatte

gambatte Middle of the pack...

Had to read twice, first time I got:

Post #12 filming sheep
    Post #13 Bentmikey and Perv...

15. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Magnatom is working on commission...:ohmy: