Calling all model kit fans - she's finally done

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I made NCC1701D and took to handpainting every detail apart from lettering. Got three quarters of the way through when my girlfriend said I had to choose between playing with toys and sex...
Tough choice:blush:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I made NCC1701D and took to handpainting every detail apart from lettering. Got three quarters of the way through when my girlfriend said I had to choose between playing with toys and sex...
ra7MzGf.jpg

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I've got an Airfix Eurofighter which has been sitting in a drawer for five or six years. I'll have to get round to building it.

I've recently developed a hankering after Meccano, God knows why.

Admittedly not as satisfying in terms of the finished article, but repeatedly stabbing your thumbs and first fingers with the blunt end of a darning needle, will give you the same tender finger tip feelings and for a lot less cost. ^_^

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I've recently developed a hankering after Meccano, God knows why.

Have you seen the price of Meccano?

http://www.meccanoshop.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Model_Builders_Sets_148.html

I built the Airfix model of the VC10 in BOAC colours in the 60s and have recently had the urge to make the model again. I cannot remember what happened to my old model, it probably got thrown out at some point in the past.
I remembered the model as being quite large but I couldn't remember what scale it was, I would have been a lot smaller in those days but thought that it wouldn't have made a great deal of difference.It was after dusting off my Corgi models of a Comet and Hercules in 1/144 scale that made me think that the VC10 that I made was much bigger.
It seems strange after all the years that I had lived under the flight path of RAF Lyneham with the planes flying in from time to time not to have noticed the size difference.
I still get the feeling of disappointment when I open kit boxes and look inside.
IMGP0975.JPG

classic33

Leg End Member
I built the Airfix model of the VC10 in BOAC colours in the 60s and have recently had the urge to make the model again. I cannot remember what happened to my old model, it probably got thrown out at some point in the past.
I remembered the model as being quite large but I couldn't remember what scale it was, I would have been a lot smaller in those days but thought that it wouldn't have made a great deal of difference.It was after dusting off my Corgi models of a Comet and Hercules in 1/144 scale that made me think that the VC10 that I made was much bigger.
It seems strange after all the years that I had lived under the flight path of RAF Lyneham with the planes flying in from time to time not to have noticed the size difference.
I still get the feeling of disappointment when I open kit boxes and look inside. View attachment 134720
That'll be tiny!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I have been drawn into model making again but instead of the usual Airfix/Revell jobbies I have gone down the Czech built Eduard route which have loads of giddy parts including photo etch cockpits ect ! Might keep me quiet for a while

Top Bottom